Personal suggestions on Summon Druid

Hi fellows and Team. I’m a real fan of Summon Druid. After playing the latest version I would like to share some personal ideas on development of this build.

1. Raven. The limit on Raven attack turns is kinda annoying, you will have to focus on the number of ravens and summon it from time to time, which is easily disturb your operation and reduce the practicality as well. I would suggest extending the existing time of raven by level rather than adding attack turns, level 1 - 20 seconds, level 2 - 25 seconds etc. Besides, the Attack Rating synergy which used to be one of Spirit Wolf’s bonus can be considered switching to Raven so that all the four main summon skills have synergy to each other. Hence, players can have multiple points investment choices according to their preference.

2. Spirit Wolf. The cold damage of spirit wolf in Resurrected sounds strange because elemental damage is not that logical on nature animals. Since all summon creatures can exist at the same time now, I suggest the spirit wolf can be replaced by a ranged attack animal, like BeastMaster’s Quilbeast in WarCraft. The combination of melee and ranged attack of summon creatures will make this build much more interesting.

3. Dire Wolf. Damage increased by consuming corpses sounds a bit weird. If you put this bonus on Blood Golem it’s reasonable, but, I would say, not quite caters to Druid. I suggest dire wolf can have the chance of causing Open Wounds (think about what happens if you got bit by a wolf in real life) rather than eating bodies.

4. Creeper. Please enhance these skills so that we can use them more in the game. Personally I would suggest add extra functions to them, maybe Slowing Enemies, think about creepers wrapping around unexpected visitor’s body in classic jungle adventure films:) Please don’t just increase their health points. Their set should be support rather than tank.

5. Cyclone Armor. It’s not that convincing if you can use this skill while not able to use other elemental skills. I would suggest to ban the access of this skill when werewolf/bear, just focus on the Shape Shifting and Summoning skills. Though I like summon Druid, I’m not going to advice enhancing this character too much to break the balance.

1. I resummon ravens a lot before they vanish, because you can “aim” targets with that… i hate the override of my merc curse more
  2. Yeah, weakest summons… more cold dmg or magic dmg or cb or someting
  3. like ow idea
  4. i never died in d2r with my summon and i dont play hc :smiley:
  5. Sprits and creepers dies 2 fast, mybe the first creeper is nice to stop the life regen

i think it would be cool if the rabies skill was a passive bonus for werewolf skills and the summon wolves. reduce the number of skill points needed to get max synergy for raven. and let the player choose to have strong poison damage from rabies or more physical damage from the animals.

Creeper needs 2x HP at least to be viable not to be resummon 10x times summon!

like your ideas but I’m afraid such change might cost too much effort for developers to balance.

Like why would a wolf have ice as an elemental spirit. Are you high? Do you know where a wolves habitat is?

I don’t know the relationship between attack and habitat. You mean Russian fist have ice dmg while Indian punch with fire dmg?

seems strong for leveling. kite the monsters into a big pool of monsters. drop a creeper on them. and watch them melt away. also kite the monsters over the poisonous roots after the creeper spawns them. it’s a bit expensive on mana at low level. but when you get spirit and other + mana items it’s less of a problem. i think it could be cool if monsters got slowed while walking over the poisonous roots from the creeper. with lots of +skill gear. Plague runeword you can do good damage to cow level from what i heard.