Perfect Ring for Sorc?

Hey guys, what would be the perfect Sorc ring? (or more specifically for Blizzard Sorc)

Maybe something like this:
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 To Sorceress Skill Levels
All Resistances +12%
+15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+40 Life

I play Blizzard Sorc(almost level 90) and I don’t really have any issue with ~400 mana points.
So for me, the stats like Mana Regen, +Mana, +Energy wouldn’t be very useful.

You can’t have that on a ring. The only rings with + to skills are Stone of Jordan and Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band.

Rare and magic rings cannot roll any type of +skills.

Closest to what you listed is a rare ring with:

10% Faster Cast Rate
+11 to All Resistances (11 is the max on a rare ring, can’t get 12)
+15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (you can actually get up to 25 magic find on a rare ring, but you have to combine a prefix and suffix. 10% from just the prefix or 15% from just the suffix is considerably more likely than the two together)
+40 Life

You’d actually have room for a few more mods than this, a rare ring can have up to 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes. So you could have something like:

10% Faster Cast Rate
All Resistances +11
+25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+40 Life
+90 Mana

or

10% Faster Cast Rate
+11 Cold/Lightning/Poison Resist
+41 Fire Resist
+25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+40 to Life

or

10% Faster Cast Rate
All Resistances +11
+10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+20 to Strength
+40 to Life
+90 to Mana

Oh, and good luck finding a rare ring like any of these.

At a certain point you run out of top tier prefixes. Like I said, only up to 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes. Your choices for prefixes are attack rating, mana, stamina, cold res, fire res, lightning res, poison res, all res, mana after kill, magic find, light radius. Pick 3.

All res and magic find are the two obvious choices. After that, your best options for the third prefix come down to mana or a single res in my mind.

3 Likes

Hey Tinne, thanks for the details info. This is the best ring I have atm:
imgur*com/8vZqBN8 (change * to .)
(would be awesome if it had another good bonus tho)

Got that ring my gambling ~10mil gold when I was level 87.

does crafting caster rings give 10% fcr mod? or only for magic/rares?

The crafted caster gear has a few guaranteed stats and then the rest of the affixes roll as if it was a rare item. A caster ring can roll any affix that a rare ring could.

Caster ring doesn’t have guaranteed fcr, but it can roll it randomly as one of the other stats.

I probably wouldn’t bother making caster rings though, it’s better to make caster amulets. I guess you could make rings if you really wanted, but they won’t be all that special. Caster amulets on the other hand can get a roll that no other amulet can: up to 20 FCR. A regular amulet only gets 10, but a caster amulet can roll the regular 10 roll on top of the guaranteed 5-10, so you can end up with 15-20. Caster amulets can be very powerful and quite valuable if you get a good roll (+2 to sorc skills and 20 fcr is the dream), so it’s probably a better use of your amethysts.

Saved up another ~10mil gold so gambled for more rings. (cos I don’t have SoJ yet)

But took me ages to gamble ~5mil gold(due to server error) and I didn’t get anything even remotely usable for any class. :frowning:

So decided to craft some rings instead and got this:
imgur*com/SwDB6JW (change * to .)
I prefer other ring I got from gambling but this one is also not bad, think it’s better than my old rare ring which had 10% Fast Cast, bit of Cold Resist and few other bonuses(mostly useless beside bit of Life Regen) cos now I really don’t need to worry about Mana anymore thanks to 9% Mana regen, and this ring can also increase my damage a bit too?

dont forget about wisp projector ring-- one of my favs