Peoples multiboxing is Problem

People multiboxing are also breaking the game, yet no action seems to be taken against them at all. I absolutely hate seeing 7 players in a game when all 7 characters belong to the same person. He just wants us to farm for him while all his multiboxed characters sit in town so we can identify the set items for him for his Chronicle, while he’s jerking off.

6 Likes

That actually sounds like a dream scenario for most players

Free p8 without having to worry about sharing drops or the other players quitting out midgame

4 Likes

So why exactly are you in someone else’s game farming for him? Did he enslave you or something?

6 Likes

Multiboxing is definitely an unfair advantage.
Common folk need to learn how to manipulate pub games.
There is an art to it. When I want increased players count I tend to be able to find it.
The key is — always intend to farm something by yourself.
If I want a Baal run, I run it myself until someone takes over and teleports. If I can’t run it myself, I don’t worry about doing Baal runs.
The exception though is when you make a good team. The best Baal runs of the season are at about 2am after launch with a group I signed up to run with :smiling_face_with_horns:

1 Like

People who want to make the Baal exp flow in as quick as possible do not enjoy those who detract from the objective.

Doesn’t matter. The BEST source of a players 8 game is a baal run.

All Blizzard would need to do is implement a 30 second idle timer, which will disable the bonus to item drops provided by the inactive player.

Actions that reset the idle timer:
1: Interacting with world objects such as containers and the initial and non-repeating interaction with NPCs and the player stash.
2: Attacking monsters. (includes debuffs from auras and curses, along with minion and mercenary attacks)
3: Uncovering unexplored areas of the map.
4: Being within two “screen distances” of another player doing 1, 2 or 3.

Then if multiboxers employ any form of automation to defeat the idle timer, the reason for banning would have a much stronger case. Muling would still be possible, and those people who truly want a more difficult game would still be able to do so.

1 Like

Why? You’ve stated that it’s a problem, but fail to indicate why and/ or how.

3 Likes

It’s only a problem if you make it one for yourself.

Multiboxing is bad but this post is ridiculous lmao.

Two computers and one copy of D2R on each machine is my idea of multi boxing

1 Like

All these complaints and more would be resolved if there were simply a minimum players threshold setting on game creation. RMT enthusiasts and low skilled curmudgeons oppose this vehemently.

How exactly? Any examples of a ‘broken game’?

Yeah I’m not a fan of multiboxing and those people even discussed it here freely exchanging tips how to do it etc.

I don’t like /players either. It’s designed for more players, not better drops. Results in screen being flooded by potions and various utility items. Definitely unintended experience for solo player.

rmt enthusaists would make 10x more… you jsut dont think deeper into it

ya that’s potently 7 more Annies than I can get.

15 minute idle timer that removes you into the lobby when ur afk…some priv servers had that. Cleared up AFK’s greatly(30 seconds is waaay too short and annoying)

You can’t gaslight me, I know the obvious truth that RMT has a demand problem and not a supply problem. If anything they make less because noobs find more on their own. BTW nice try using your bot accounts to false flag my post, DarkJedi. The words I wrote that triggered you are still up.