Patch 2.4 need to push more buff

I was looking for balance change with the ladder and was overall happy with the patch 2.4. I Still think they need to give greater buffs, if we don’t want another ladder with hammerdin, light sorc and such.

Below, my opinion of the current build tier list :

S tier :

  • Paly Hammer (still)
  • Sorc Lightning (Still)
  • Sorc Blizzard (Still +)
  • Nec Summon (Still)
  • Sin Light traps (Still +)
  • Zon Light java (Still ++)
  • Barb Zerk (Still +)

A tier :

  • Paly Zeal (Still)
  • Paly Holy Shock (Still) Buff and then nerf ?
  • Sorc Fireball/Meteor (Still +)
  • Sorc Light Nova (From B)
  • Sorc Frozen Orb (Still +)
  • Sorc Bear (Still +)
  • Nec Poison (Still)
  • Sin Phoenix (New)
  • Sin Kick (still ++)
  • Druid Wind (Still +)
  • Druid Fire (From B)

B tier :

  • Paly Foh (From F)
  • Paly Holy Fire (New) Buff to A tier then nerf ?
  • Sorc Frost Nova (From C)
  • Sorc Hydra (From D) Buff to A tier then nerf ?
  • Sorc Zeal (Still)
  • Nec Bone (Still ++)
  • Sin Fire Traps (From C)
  • Sin Blade (From D)
  • Sin Fire Blast (Still)
  • Zon Freezing (Still ++)
  • Zon Multi/Strafe (From C)
  • Barb Whirlwind (Still)
  • Barb Frenzy (Still ++)
  • Barb Double Throw (DOA) lack of ammo and the weapon ias bug fix killed it.
  • Barb Warcry (From C)
  • Druid Fury (Still+)
  • Druid Fire Claws (From C)

Everything else is tier C or less and won’t be played except for fun or nich things like ubers. I think blizzard can push the buff harder, because the S tier builds are far stronger than the majority of the builds. Overall, almost every build got a small boost, but didn’t change tier.

8 Likes

I wonder if any of the devs played any Classic. I think experiencing the classic barb would give them a good understanding of where LoD barb needs to go.

5 Likes

I don’t think any of the devs play the game at all, lol.

1.09 was such an amazing version of the game. So many different builds to play. Every single item type – magic, rare, unique, runeword – was viable and a possible BiS. You could craft amazing stuff rather than MF’ing and rune hunting. It was honestly amazing.

1.14 is such a terrible version of the game, and the devs had a real chance to fix it, but they clearly don’t know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

The only builds in S tier are the ones you enjoy playing. While this gets into “objective vs subjective” seeing as we are all people and all subjective, that is probably what should matter most to each person. For me Hammerdin isn’t S tier because I can’t stand the boredom of playing it. Sure it’s ultra powerful, I’ve played it plenty back when I was younger, but to play it now? Yuck. Personally I prefer “B and C tier builds” whatever they may be, more challenge (not less challenge) to me makes the game more fun. It’s okay if you are different btw, we are all subjective, but that’s sorta my point. My “B and C” tier builds are more like S tier, whereas the “objective S tier” builds to me are more like C tier. Hopefully this makes sense. Anyway, I think 2.4 is fine.

This sounds like a participation trophy statement. (If you’re having fun, your build is S tier and everyone is jolly and the world is filled with unicorns). Not how the game or real life works. There are builds that are efficient for boss sniping and multi-pack farming. The best ones are S tier. There’s no opinion about that, it’s a fact. You can’t say your build is in a different tier because you like it more or less.

1 Like

Can you tell on which base you determine those tier classes?

It certainly seems that it’s pvm only.

I wouldn’t agree with it but I’d like to hear your reasoning

Of course it’s how the game works…what are you even doing if you’re not enjoying yourself and having fun? Seriously…what are you even doing? And yes I can, I just did, lol. I get where you’re coming from, honestly. Now try to get where I’m coming from. Thanks!

Having fun=/ tier list. I make crap/sub par builds all the time but you’ll never hear me say something like enchant sorc is S tier because I’m having fun lol.

Clear speed/pvm. I cannot speak on pvp.

I asked OP. But still if we go with clearspeed I think that all 3 barbs are pretty much the same speed depending on area and gear. Also I think that the bone necro has greater clearspeed than other builds in his tier.

But are we talking p1 or p8
Any special area or in their best area?

You could also talk about support in groups.

I guess lots of builds would change tier if we talk about speed cs and lose if we talk about pits or trav or arcane. Also talking about options to farm we would talk about different rankings

1 Like

Here, let me clarify for you. I’m not debating that Hammerdin is S tier for power and general farming and all that. Of course it is. I’m saying it’s F tier for fun (for me anyway). Average it out it lands somewhere in C tier (for me anyway). Does this make sense to you? I’m not sure how much simpler I can make it…

Meanwhile something that is C tier in power and speed and all that, but S tier in fun/enjoyment, average it out and something like Summoner Druid (lol) lands somewhere in A tier (for me anyway). I guess the disconnect is you feel a tier list is based only on efficiency/power, whereas my tier list is based on efficiency/power, and fun/enjoyment of a character/build, uniqueness of character, and more/etc. Hence my “what are you even doing” if you’re not having fun. Now if you enjoy Hammerdin, if Hammerdin is S tier fun for you, by all means, put it in S tier. Your opinion is as good as mine. I think it’s a bit sad you wouldn’t include fun/enjoyment in your tier list for your enchant sorc example. There’s nothing that says a tier list has to be only about power, it can include/encompass as much or as little criteria as you want.

I get what you mean of course, but OP tier list is about power so I was keeping in line with that.

I guess if we break that down we could spend all day creating multiple tier lists lol

I know that we could have lists at least in the double digits. But it would be great if it is stated in the opening post how it’s based.

Bone Necro, Zerker, Hdin, Windy druid are all great CS chars. While Zerker is very slow killing lots of mobs, a Bone necro can kill them with CE easily. But a Zerker will be better at Trav runs.

Hdin and Windy druid are both very strong. Hdin will be faster in CS, but slower at Baal.

Lightning sorc is the fastest farm char ingame. But only with endgame gear. Blizz sorc is already strong without gear, but limited due to immunities. So if we are not talking about budget, the lightning sorc is S Tier while Blizz is only A Tier.

Right now without specifying the parameters, it’s just a random list we can’t discuss.

Only real S Tier builds for farming for me are
HDIN
Lightning sorc
Rest starts with A Tier. And yes a endgear javazon is great, but the FCR breakpoints are horrible and you already farmed half the area with a lightning sorc before the javazon arrives. (as an example)

Just saying.

1 Like

That’s fine, but you replied to my comment, which was about my own tier list, saying it’s like a participation trophy and that my tier list was invalid or whatever…anyway, happy you understand now where I am coming from, God bless :pray:

1 Like

I was replying to your reply on OP :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh God it’s replies all the way down, aaaaaaahhh!!

1 Like