Patch 2.3 Highlights COMING SOON

38 Likes

All good things from what I read. Looking forward to it.

11 Likes

Quick cast? Force move? No more handicapped gameplay! :star_struck:

9 Likes

i’m going to read this before i judge

edit;

not bad updates at all. small QoL updates are exactly the direction i like. not big, fundamental changes that completely change the game

i play mainly on PC but having /players option on console is awesome for when i decide to use my switch / xbox and play single player

having a skill bar is cool, and i’m glad it will be optional, i’m a little iffy on it - i wonder how it will affect pvp mainly, but still, not too drastic of a change

overall, very solid update!

5 Likes

Seems like some pretty positive steps. With even more changes promised. I’m intrigued!

1 Like

I’m interested in the new keyboard commands…. :thinking:

6 Likes

Horrible, absolutely horrible.

There are so many issues atm, blizzard is giving some totally useless 2021 qol updates and the people are in love on twitter.

19 Likes

so excited for p8 on console, im done doin Multiplayer on PC and now doing SSF ported on switch.

2 Likes

Update looks like trash honestly. Only semi decent thing is the hotkey bar otherwise not adding players8 to online single is complete b.s. Hell add it to multiplayer too (cap of 8 players difficulty) so a few players can have a bigger challenge too .

12 Likes

I wonder how Paladin auras will work with Quick Cast :smiley:. Would be cool to put Zeal on right click.
I also expected more honestly like currency tab, more stash tabs to get rid of muling once and for all, dclone change, lobby fixes, group finder from console on pc, maybe something for trading.

8 Likes

Good stuff. I was kind of hoping for some more tbh and was hoping for sooner than post T-day, like I’m really leaning towards stackables in the stash (Full Rejuvs taking up a lot of room, as well as runes/gems populating one full shared stash tab).

Hotbar + Skill Cast = Good. It was BS it wasn’t included at launch along with their explanation (which they are continuing with) on “stray too far from original experience” especially after the big write up about rebinds and force move from their accessibility blog before Beta, and considering PC got controller support with it included already out of the box.

I’m going to say it will work like on controller. If you press the key the aura is bound to, it switches the active aura. Big Hammerdin QoL, lol.

Controllers already had it, so affecting pvp was kind of a null point, really. It was already affected.

What I find fun though, is the PTR introduction. While they mentioned first will focus on the db changes, they introduced the PTR by talking about balance changes and other features to test. D2R is live service, updated game. Bet the naysayers that have been spouting negativity might shut up (or just be like “Yeah, believe it when I see it.”

7 Likes

the “its a remaster nothings gonna change” guys.

3 Likes

TLDR
Patch notes: F keys fast spells(NICE)+Offline coddling+celebrating the exodus of excess players+vagueness.

No fixes, no ladder, no hint of new balance/content (possibly never. Not complaining personally.)

4 Likes

i would expect those kinds of things after a round on the PTR. the changes listed so far are entirely client-side, either changes for offline play like the /players 8 command for consoles, or the UI and hotkey bar changes. updating the actual game mechanics is a much bigger deal, and i’m glad we’re getting a ptr for it

1 Like

Yeah you may be right it will require more work. Let’s hope for the future.

1 Like

Welp…im inwardly relieved to be honest.

I feared ploot madness, more broken runewords and butchering with powercreep. Glad that the patch will be looking at relatively mild QoL only.

6 Likes

It looks like a few changes will be introduced in the next patch and they are looking to evolve D2R. Blizzard states “even more new changes coming to Diablo II: Resurrected” after this patch. Some mentioned changes include “balance testing” and “evolving the experience for all players.”

I think that some players who favor no/few changes may be disappointed with the evolution of D2R.

Can we officially retire the argument of “D2R is a remaster”?

6 Likes

they had better implement balance changes or this game will die thanks to the whining purists.

8 Likes

I’m not totally against balancing some skills and melee builds but game won’t die for me as I like it how it is so I’ll continue to play it. Also this isn’t mmo I can have fun and achieve stuff solo so who cares.

1 Like

Still not fixing the pre-expansion game display issue… Wtf

1 Like