Patch 2 Druid IAS

Yes botd cost much to…

Anyway:
90ias eth tomb + loh + hl =
130ias.
You have breakpoint:
4/4/3/4/6 - 5,95 attacks pr sec with 117 ias break if werewolf lvl equals 76.
Next break is a big step in both attacks pr sec and needed ias.
157 ias - 4/3/3/3/6 - 6,58 attacks pr sec.
You was on 130.
You May use noscoil for 140.
You would still need to use andariel face or 2 x 15ias jools in a rare helmet/pelt.

Maby the easier way is to:
Eth tomb ‘shael + 40/15ias’ - loh - hl - nosbelt - jalas(15ias) = 160ias.

However the breakpoint you reach with eth tomb, hl and loh alone is better than before… And its not as picky at werewolf level. 73 sias Enought to need 129 ias. (90+20+20=130)

"Have been testing aswell, both wolf and bear. And like… U saying the wolf got more options? It basically just have more options cuz now its slower overall compared to before.
And the bear (even with maxed maul) still got nerfed compared to before. Before you could reach 5 frames with tombreaver+fanaticsm aura and 4 frames with 6sock shael PB for fireclaw. The max frames you reach now is 7-8. Sure the uninterruptable is nice, but the problem for werebear still presists, wich is the AR and attackspeed.

Slower weapons now just “feel” more viable due to the fast weapons beeing nerfed for druids."

Also keep in mind, the damage they added for Bear/maul is obsolete considering that you now have to wear a treachery armor instead of fortitude to reach those minimum frames.

This… What this guy said.

1 Like

The user-friendly javascript calculator is complete: h-t-t-p-s://chthonvii.github.io/d2r_24ptr2_wereform_calculator/

3 Likes

have you finally figured out where hunger’s table puilling from?

Hi, just for people stumbling upon this, at the very least Fury is not correct. I’ve posted information on the Issues page on the GitHub. As for what the Fury breakpoints should be, I don’t know either.

The javascript calculator is now fixed so that its output matches Kabryxis’s test data.

It turns out that wereforms are NOT actually borrowing the frame data from human form attacks. Rather, they use the wereform frame data and have a slowing factor applied. The slowing factor is based on the ratios of wereform’s framesperdirection and animationspeed to human form’s framesperdirection and animationspeed.

Please do not use my spreadsheet or the tables I posted above. These are not correct.

3 Likes

With this change is this better or worst than if it was using human speed?, is 3 frames still possible?. It looked before from other tables I have seen 3 frames was pretty easy to achieve for WSM weapons with -10 to -30

What happened, i have not been to much on following new info.

But what you write here sounds like old formulas. But i tested some and it does at least get ias from all slots except if they reverted something.

I wrote this when eias break was 200 in start of d2r.

Shapers:
Shapers has 1 human animation speed and 1 shaped animation speed, both are handeled when it comes to calculating attack speed.
So here we need to use full formula. The human shape makes a change in AnimSpeed.

Frames pr Direction and AnimRate:
AnimRate & WeponBase: Ref. h-t-t-p-s://www.mannm.org/d2library/faqtoids/animspeed.html
So AnimRate here does vary by wep and class. Usually animrate is 256, but it may differ, like forexample assa with claw/claws its 208.
WSM IS INVERTED IN THIS FORMULA!!! (WSM * -1) prior to using it.

NeutralFrame(NU):
NU WereWolf: 9
NU WereBear: 10

Werebases:

• For the wolf and bear forms the A1 (right paw swing)and A2 left paw swing) sequence are their normal attack length WereBear=12, WereWolf=13.
  • For the S3 sequence (biting attack animation) the lengths are WereBear=10, WereWolf=10. (sound of bear is 13 ^^)
  • (MadeUpWord–>)AnimRate1 = 100, unless chilled where it becomes 50.

Shape Formulas:
Delay = [256x(WeaponBase) / [(weapon ias+wsm+100)xAnimRate/100]]
Anim speed = [NU x 256 / delay]
Speed increase/EIAS = [120 x ias / (120 + ias)] + skill ias + wsm *(IAS is both wep and gear as usual formula)
FramesSerial = {256x7/[(AnimRate1 + Speed increase)/100 x Anim speed]}
Frames WolfPaw = {256x13/[(AnimRate1 + Speed increase)/100xAnim speed]}- 1
Frames Biting = {256x10/[(AnimRate1 + Speed increase)/100xAnim speed]}- 1
Frames BearPaw = {256x12/[(AnimRate1 + Speed increase)/100 x Anim speed]}- 1

• Fury use FramesSerial for his 4 first attacks, then WolfPaw for the last attack.

• AnimRate for Werewolf/Werebear is not listed as 256, but we use 256. AnimRate for human shape we use the listed for AnimRate and WeponBase.
    Example: Assa Wielding a claw: AIA1HT1 – WeponBase(Frames pr direction) 11 – AnimRate 208.

• Formula with example(fury druid, using eth tomb reaver 100ias(10 WSM which becomes -10 in formula), lvl 33 werewolf(75 SIAS), 10 gear ias(not needed for breakpoint) :
    Delay = [256x(17) / [(100±10+100)x256/100]] = 8
    Anim speed = [9 x 256 / 8] = 288
    Speed increase/EIAS = [120 x 110 / (120 + 110)] + 75 + -10 = 122 (this would be 75 in d2lod)
    FramesSerial = {256x7/[(100 + 122)/100x288]} = 3
    FramesPaw = {256x13/[(100 + 122)/100x288]}- 1 = 5
    Resulting in a 3/3/3/3/5 frame attack.
    25/3 = 8,33 attacks pr sec
    25/5 = 5 attacks pr sec
    (8,33*4+5)/5 = 7,66 attacks pr sec.

• Formula with example(Bear Assassin, using Runic Claw 100ias(-30 WSM which becomes 30 in formula), lvl 36 Bos(57 SIAS) + lvl 15fana merc (33 SIAS) + 140 GearIas:
    Delay = [256x(11) / [100+30+100)x208/100]] = 5
    Anim speed = [10 x 256 / 5] = 512
    Speed increase/EIAS = [120 x 240 / (120 + 240)] + 90 + 30 = 200 (this would be 75 in d2lod)
    Frames BearPaw = {256x12/[(208 + Speed increase)/100xAnim speed]}- 1 = 1 FRAME! 25 attacks pr second. On regular D2LOD this would be 3 frames.
    End QUOTE

Are it working something close like this, only with 150 eias break and not impacted by wep speed on delay?
I tested some in this patch, but was at work so did not have possibility to import hero edited stuff like 1% ias scs etc… So was a short and limited testing…

Edit:
I have also noticed old calculators using this simple rollback formula:
FPA = ceiling(actionframe256(100/rollbacl)/floor(animationspeed*(100+eias)/100))

That would be pretty close to what one have now, but all 4 first hit even.

I saw your discussion on github with warren.
Im waaaaaay below you guys in computer logics but i have read a lot about attackspeed calculations in diablo 2 and May be able to aid a little based on ur discussion:

• The two girls from d2 prior to lod(sorc and amazon) skips the 2 first pictures when attacking with normal wepons or fists which cause some deviants.
  • i have also heard that diablo 2 runs a 24frames breakpoint system in a 25frame system which now is scaled up to 60. I also believe this is why the 1 fpa attack bugged out on assa when 200eias break was possible at start of d2r.
  • The -1 in the formulas for none serial/Sequence attacks is to smoothen out the animation by cutting 1 frame in the start or the end of an attack.

Hope this May aid you guys in finding the formulas :slight_smile: its getting to advance for me :stuck_out_tongue: please let me know if you find the formula :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems like calc is updated with what is now thought to be the correct formula? Seems 2 handers can reach 3 frames easier now including Tomb Reaver, but one handers like Berserker Axe reaching 3 frames looks very hard now, for Phase Blade it is very easy.

Fury now 100% matches the experimental data. That, at least, is correct.

Things I’m still unsure about:

1. The precision limit and internal rounding used in computing the slowing factor. (Without bypassing the DRM to debug it, we’ll probably never know.)
  2. Whether any slowing factor is applied to bite attacks.
  3. Whether different slowing factors are computed for the two normal attack animation variants for classes where these animations are different lengths.
  4. Whether the startframe value for sorc and zon is applied at all, and, if so, how. (I’ve got a guess.)
  5. Whether the non-standard animationspeed for claws is considered. (I’ve got a guess.)
  6. Whether Feral Rage kept its quirky behavior where the animation speed is doubled for the remainder of the animation if it hits. (And, if so, also exactly which tick the double speed is applied from. (The debug analyses I can find subtly disagree here, and what’s correct for rollback skills like Fury is not correct for pre-2.4 Frenzy (which also changes speed if it hits). In the next version I will use the Frenzy behavior for Feral Rage.))
1 Like

Due to some very sad reasons, I am still playing on D2 LOD but have been trying to imitate D2R patch 2.4 via slightly changing MOD files such as skills.txt, skilldesc.txt, hireling.txt, etc.

With today’s official 2.4 patch on the game, I am curious whether there is a source from where I can download all the key D2R MOD files, so that I can again reflect them on my D2 LOD MOD files.

Also, I am curious whether I can somehow imitate the changes on Werewolf and Werebear by only revising the aforementioned MOD files plus animdata, or whether more in-depth revisions are inevitable.

Hope that some experts can help me out on this.