Patch 2 Druid IAS

I wouldn’t 2 x shael the tomb, that would be significant damage loss, you can keep the 2x40/15 ias, and use a 2 os rare helm with 30% IAS instead

I didn’t get super far with the Druid on this PTR, but I will say that I enjoyed the bear a lot more than the wolf with the build I had at the time. The wolf is fastest and strongest with Fury, but Fury is also pretty annoying. I don’t love how it hits random enemies like Zeal. I am not saying they should change this, just that it is not my style. I switched to the bear and was having a much better time. Damage is higher, was hitting easier, and had the shockwave stun which is super helpful. I would have to play end-game builds to know, but I prefer the bear from a fun standpoint.

in case you want to test it out here’s the char file as well

h t t p s // drive google com/file/d/1ucHA247G0c3ZQtsDKaO2bN5hy38vjXJ5/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Yeah and dont forget that before you could get 5 frames with tomb+fanaticsm merc and equip a fortitude…

Now in order to reach that 150 IAS (With wont even give you the same frames anymore) you have to sacrafice fortitude and wear treachery… So the dmg they added to bear is obsolete if you consider you cant wear a fortitude anymore…

So all in all they nerfed attackspeed and the dmg remains pretty much the same considering you trade fortitude for treachery.

Does that look like 4FPA to you?

Not sure if there’s anything you can do with it would rival a kicksin though…

Bear IAS is too bad.
It’s already explained here.
Video here:

1 Like

Assa can max reach 5 frames on bear shape.

Bear for druid is max:
6frames polearms
7 frames for 1 hands and xbow
8 frames for 2handed sword
9 frames for 2 handed spear

How fury is epic now.
I think best change to bear is to make animation speed 456.
Should not cause any bugs as other has been custom animation, as forexample vampire(trang oul) and werebear and werewolf used to have calculated custom animation.

456 is minimum. Its still very hard to reach 4 frames with that.
Assa would then as bear reach 2 pretty simple with bos.

Werewolf using -10 wsm polearm now reaches an 4/3/3/3/6 attack, but more normal gear would reach 4/3/3/3/7.
However werewolf can now reach same attackspeed as eth tombreaver used to have with a thunder maul.

Wsm and skill ias > ias

Old formulas then weponias was the king, you just have to think different, eth tomb is a slow base of 10wsm, it can reach high speed but then need to use much ias in other slots as well.

Assa can max reach 5 frames on bear shape.

Pretty sure they’re hitting 4 frames with claws.

Ceiling((256*(11-0))/Floor((255*250)/100))-1

Assa has custom animation on normal attack with claw and dual claws.

Ceiling((256x(11-0))/Floor(208x(100+150)/100))-1

At least that was relevant on the old formulas.

Drat, you’re right. I was all copy/paste-y and didn’t spot the 208.

No it doesn’t looks fast enough to be 4F

Would that mean theywill get 4F with no claw weapons? Or even slower?

I Just found a 3 socket tomb reaver Cryptic axe and was thinking of building an IAS Wolf around it. Viable?

They get max 5 fpa.
At 126 eias. (highest possible)

For example bos eqialent 57 sias
-30 wsm claw
58 ias.

Or lower bos level and more ias.

That depends on ur definition of viable and your resoueces. Hard to asnwere, is it eth? Its a slow base…

Claws are special treatment they require less IAS tho correct?

Its a lvl 86 unique, Its kinda crazy actually. Very fast attack speed with 60% IAS 3 sockets

They are sold on the fantasy of bears being slow and hitting hard, but they are ignoring the reality that bears are unplayable in their current form. Other classes hit almost as hard as bears and are twice as fast. 50% CB on a a character hitting at 4 frames is same as 100% on one hitting at 8, same for DS. it gets even worse as the bears attack speed gets worse. If they want the slow attack speed for bears, then bears need to do significantly more damage and a single swing needs to hit multiple targets if they are in range. That would achieve the fantasy they want and make bears playable. As bears are now, they are just a novelty for someone who is incredibly wealthy and wants to flex. Look at me, I’m so rich I can waste 10 high runes on a bear and make him as effective as a zealot with first week of ladder gear.

1 Like

They have a starting frame of 11 which is inzanely fast. So its a bit nerfed again with 208 animation speed.
Theese are the two things who can decide what max fpa he can reach.
Next part is how he achieve high eias and fpa:
Burst of speed, fast wsm in claws. Fast base frame.

Yes botd cost much to…

Anyway:
90ias eth tomb + loh + hl =
130ias.
You have breakpoint:
4/4/3/4/6 - 5,95 attacks pr sec with 117 ias break if werewolf lvl equals 76.
Next break is a big step in both attacks pr sec and needed ias.
157 ias - 4/3/3/3/6 - 6,58 attacks pr sec.
You was on 130.
You May use noscoil for 140.
You would still need to use andariel face or 2 x 15ias jools in a rare helmet/pelt.

Maby the easier way is to:
Eth tomb ‘shael + 40/15ias’ - loh - hl - nosbelt - jalas(15ias) = 160ias.

However the breakpoint you reach with eth tomb, hl and loh alone is better than before… And its not as picky at werewolf level. 73 sias Enought to need 129 ias. (90+20+20=130)