[Parsec Streaming Machine] Instant Crash

The story so far. I setup a proxmox virtual enviroment, complete with a dedicated gpu that can stream most games 70 fps to a thin client. I have no issues with any other AAA titles. Including ones running directx12.

The first issue. There is no way to change the game settings (at least not that I found) outside of the game. Please give us a config file that can be edited. Please include a Legacy=true option to enforce constant legacy/old graphics. Also the -w flag doesn’t actually put it into windowed mode.

The second issue. The launcher fails to detect the card as a valid Directx12 card. I’m not sure who put the sanity checks in, but they should remove them.

Which brings me to the third and final problem. Why are you using Directx12? Vulkan preforms on average 5-15% better. Why wouldn’t you want that? Clearly your audience cares more about compatibility than anything. Imagine a native linux build, ON ARM, targeted at low end devices (Raspberry pi) using vulkan. Slap that betty into Legacy mode and you could have mini nostalgia machines everywhere.

Please see this pastebin for the bugid, blzlog and dxdiag. Report id->8E6E0094-D7E2-4456-84E6-683092758BB2blzlog -> 9/24 19:58: - Pastebin.com

I’ll update this as I discover more.

Update#1 Still no luck. No updates have been pushed to address any of the aforementioned issues.

Update#2 9/27/2021: Proxmox KVM64 cpu types for QEMU systems are not supported. The ssse3 instruction is missing. The cputype must be passed-thru to access the game.