Pandemonium Keys

Sorry for double posting, but this issue seems to be very strange for me

I was wondering if keys are still droppable, because right after launch I used to drop them quite frequently. However, I didn’t bother farming them due to the lack of suitable gear etc. Now, my Sorc and Dru are ready for some farming, however, the keys are literally nowhere to be found xD

Did something change? Can my char be bugged? I remember using token of absolution two times quite recently

I’ve done around 30 runs in a row now, playing on PS5

Probably just the rng gods mad at you.

They’ve still been dropping for me and my buddies over the past two days.

But know knows.

Just a little bit of bad luck, the drop rate are about 1 in 12. So the probability of not getting a key in 30 runs is ~7,3%. (11/12)^30

So yeah, just bad luck.

Thanks guys for a detailed replies especially with the calculation of probability:)

Drop rate more like 1 in 5 or 6. Certainly feels like 1 in 12 when you on a bad streak. But I have farmed over 100 keys and I am not sure how many key bosses ive ran but it sure was not even close to 1200.

Countess is 1 in 14.
Summoner is 1 in 11.
Nihlathak is 1 in 12.

So around ~ 1 in 12.

@Gaeandilth just means you instead had good luck.

Good luck is getting 5 keys in a row. Not getting an average of 1 key per 5 runs over a span of hundreds of runs. Do not care what they say it is. Just did my 15th torch that is 135 keys now if it was 1 in 12 that would mean i ran 1500ish key bosses. Have not died a single time if i had ran that many I would be ALOT higher then 94.

The droprates are not up for debate, they are as I stated. Your own experince with RNG doesn’t change that.

And it’s ~ 1 in 12 per boss, so if you run all three bosses in a game the probability of at least gettin 1 key is higher obviously.

You looking up the drop rates good for you but you can find a different percentage on every single website you look at. The actual drop rate is said to be about 1 in 30 but there is to 3 to 5 drops possible. Which puts it around 8 percent but we are talking the old diablo 2 also how do you know they did not tweak drop rates?
And do not come to me with that superiority complex. “not up for debate” like you some kind of expert because you read some reddit thread. Next you going to tell me you worked in the video game industry for 30 years.
And you need to learn how RNG works. Rng disappears if your sample size is big enough. In a million runs everyone would have roughly the same amount of keys the bigger the sample size the smaller percentage of error there would be.

1 Like

This is correct, and a few hundred runs is a far to small sample size to draw any kind of conclusion from.

True enough a few hundred runs would have a pretty large margin of error. But it would have far less margin of error then the reported percentages on various websites ive seen. But a smaller sample size like this is enough to disprove the 1 in 12 theory because the gap is way outside the margin of error.

i did 2 hours straight of nila farming on my sorc, 1:20-1:30 per run, almost 90 runs got 1 key of destruction.

Once again, huge thanks guys for an outstanding clarification of the topic! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.