Over a month with no word now EDIT: Pez has created a new post!

Hey I hear ya. I just think (and imo it is obvious) that they said that in the beginning and got the main stuff up and running ie. softcore, hardcore and ladder that they moved a lot of them on this project to other things. Not saying they still don’t have devs and will work on updates, but I don’t see that happening in a timely manor like if this was a full blown brand new game like a re-make vs a re-master or D4 which will get a lot of attention for while etc.

The game has a lot of the same old problems yes, but it’s still an improvement to old D2 and the new balance patch is killer for breathing life into the game.

I’m sure these issues will get addressed but I’m sure it will be on a patch to patch basis.

We probably won’t see the next big changes until season 2

Would I like it sooner … yes.

But for a remaster it’s much better than expected and the fact that they are still allocating SOME resources to it is very positive for me. The last 20 years ish hasn’t had ANY resources. So I’ll take it.

1 Like

That would be a lie at this point based on the past month of zero productive fixes.

1 Like

i think the best part of all of this, is the expectations of the customer…

THIS IS BLIZZARD PEOPLE. and not the blizzard we knew and loved from 15+ years ago. this is the blizzard that takes your money and runs, this is the blizzard that treats the people that give them money like little children, this is the blizzard, that does not care if their games even work properly…

and what is a blue post really gonna do? usually when they post, they just tell you about something that is about to happen, an rather lackluster. don’t know why you’re holding out for a “blue post” to come save the day. if you don’t like d2:r at this point, we have what we have, take it or leave it.

i agree especially with all the purists crying no to change

Aside from the lobby and game list, I don’t really understand why they haven’t fixed the BUG (yes it’s a bug) that Deckard Cain doesn’t identify items in the cube. This has always been in LoD. These are basic things that seem to be neglected on purpose. Sorry Blizz but this is what it looks like

2 Likes

They have spoken…

2 Likes

Imagine being like zax and dedicating your life to trying to make sure there are no changes made to a 22 year old video game :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:t2: :person_facepalming:t3: :person_facepalming:t4: :person_facepalming:t5: :person_facepalming:t6:

We even had people wanting to die on the hill of stopping the 256x manaburn and tomb viper bugs from being fixed

1 Like

Sweet, thanks for sharing the post.

1 Like

LoL you obv dont know @zax. he used to mod d2.
He want changes. just not stupid changes…
Again. you cry ALOT…

lets hope the lobby fix is good.

2 Likes

Pez hath spoken! Game lobby will be fixed!

I just hope it will happen soon enough, I want to experience 2 full months of ladder with a proper game lobby. So far it has been almost a solo playing experience. I don’t know if I’ll have the energy to start a new ladder.

3 Likes

Search functions hopefully!
Search for “baal”: = Baalrunz### ChaosBaalz### Baal4Quest etc etc etc

5 Likes

i would like that

also
show all games not max 20. ( or at least 100)
and dont show hour long games.

3 Likes

see and what good was his blue post? rofl. useless as usual. they SAY they are working on it, they could even implement a fix, but who knows if it will actually make things better… they said the game list would be better, but people still complain about it constantly…

Pez did state during the Llama stream that patch cadence would be slower. However, today’s news is about what I expected; improved multiplayer lobbies with a rework of consoles. Good stuff.

5 Likes

This is indeed good news. I’ve ranted that if that wasn’t being worked on I have no clue what’s going on, glad they are.

I think they could’ve announced it earlier but happy either way.

3 Likes

i dunno about you but i haven’t been able to mute a single RMT spammer since launch of this game. it’s never worked. and now they spam me with channel invites non of which sucks.

on topic: god, about time they said something about this issue. my hope is they actually finish the lobby system. so many issues could be fixed by just the implementation of being able to make chat channels. that and a trade channel that actually works.

for instance i bet a ton of people would frequent a working trade channel instead of being forced to go to third party sites. also, if we could actually create channels, many would make ones for Baal runs/cows/etc. right now, you can’t do that b/c it doesn’t exist/doesn’t actually work.

they managed to modernize the actual game and they did an awesome job…now they need to complete the lobby system which is literally missing most of the originals features. here’s hoping!

When you have somwthing that is worse than the original, i.e. the lobby system
“Its just a remaster” is a poor argument

4 Likes

Good day.

First off, thank you to the team for the previous update, the improvements, game fixes and the huge list of old bugs. I have collected a list of issues and I hope they will get attention for the next patch :

Lobby

• Double clicking a game should/could join like OG.
  • Selecting a game should replicate game name in the input like OG. And text should remain in Input when refreshing.
  • When joining a friend, “Switch character” is redundant compared to the actual times this step is used.
  • Game description/players are not reliably displayed
  • Connecting to channels connected with others games (SC,WC3 etc?) would be nice, like original battle.net. It gave more meaning to friendship, clans and playtime management.
  • OG hardcore characters have a more active standing position in the Lobby (compared to softcore ones), heavily breathing and/or positioned forward. It makes Lobby lively and customized.
  • Original characters have a dropped down shadow projected on the ground. This proves that the current position of the camera at waist height does not match the ground seen from above. Characters and perspective don’t match.
  • Dead characters must be seen as dark ghosts, slightly transparent like in original. Unarmored representation of dead characters makes no sense.
  • When “Friendlist joining” option is not selected, people’s friends still manage to join the game through the right click friend feature → even if they don’t meet level requirements.

Communication & Transmission

• !message over head doesn’t work, it removes a sense of humor and to impersonate the character. It’s important when we want Battle orders from 1 specific barbarian, trade or pvp from 1 specific person and not bothering the whole party… It’s a feature that was making the game lively and fun in original!
  • “Player Timeout” should be displayed like OG to inform people did not intentionally leave. In order to know if trade, pvp or questing is ongoing.
  • Time before disconnection should be 8 seconds like OG, not the current 40 seconds preventing normal hardcore play experienced for 20 years.
  • Items located in the bottom of the chest can not be linked, cursor could be able to click through, I question the black background. Text can simply have a dropped shadow for readability.
  • Text can not be read when left windows are open (like stat panel). Chat box disappears. It should be visible like in OG, especially bad when trading.
  • When a friend writes, one should not necessarily stuck in friend chat mode. Which prevents vital messages related to tp’s, safety and coordination. Especially crucial in hardcore.
  • New players often don’t read messages in game compared to Original, preventing bounds and a social play through : which is the point of Multiplayer. Large font mode could be ON by default to make sure new people read chat. I question the Arial font, the weight and scrolling text being at the bottom for readability compared to OG.
  • Text could have the option to use more width on screen. Thus making it less congested vertically. A short message taking 3 narrow rows is not readable. (See how D2 original works)
  • A command should exist to answer friends in Legacy mode without having to toggle to resurrected. (Like in original)
  • /f list does not show if people are connected are not, nor the game they play in. It matters to avoid entering a trade game or an uber game.
  • English mature filter makes no sense in various languages. It makes words unusable and communicating annoying.
  • Legacy general chat log history should not clear when a friend whispers.
  • Legacy : clicking on the text while being in the cube or chest results in closing the chest/cube or dropping the valuables on the ground ! Same while talking to npc.
  • In party panel, Legacy texts “In a party” and “Accept” overlap

Misc

• Cain can’t id items stored in cube
  • Linked item not always displayed
  • Loading animation’s gate opens too quickly. The gate more precisely relates loading status in OG d2. Especially at d2 early release.
  • Logo quest animation prevents to check the status of the other quests. It keeps highlighting the recent finished quest for the time of the bell sound. Making it not possible to check other quests. Should be like OG. (Both D2R+Legacy issue)
  • Legacy Minipanel access (bottom icons) keeps reopening in every new game, not in OG
  • Legacy toggle does not last when joining the next game (An option would be nice to have the switch permanent for legacy players)
  • Lysander/Akara and most npc still have a blank additional tab displayed that does not exist in OG. https://i.ibb.co/jVtqFy9/lysander-tab.jpg
  • Game audio still on when alt tab. Could be off as an option.

Thank you for the consideration. Bon courage.

4 Likes

I wish they would have said that about a month ago. Better later then never though. The lobbies NEED help. Let us see more games at a time or filter them its wayyy to hard to find games you want.
Also can we add the 20 character limit/stash space as items to work on for the future? At some point these are going to be issues if not now

1 Like