Over a month with no word now EDIT: Pez has created a new post!

Come on now, it’s been over a month since the last blue post and there’s been 0 acknowledgement regarding the lobby and game list (or D2R in general really).

Like what’s the plan here, just complete silence until ladder ends or something? Pez’s forum account hasn’t been seen since May 16th.

I know Blizz is busy managing all the issues with Immortal but just a simple acknowledgement post would be great. “We hear you about the lobby and game list and we’re looking at it”, something like that.

We just need more communication.

EDIT: New post by Pez!

3 Likes

Has their been anything on Twitter or Reddit?

“Maybe if we ignore them, they’ll forget about it…”

Nope.

Nope, just Diablo Immortal stuff. Checked Pez’s, Rod’s, and Diablo Twitter and Pez’s Reddit. Nada.

Then yup, they are focused on DI, which is evident in the neglect of D2R

At least acknowledgement of the issues, perhaps even a generic “we’re working on it.” would at least offer a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel… But so far, nothing… It’s an empty, dark and bottomless pit of nothingness.

3 Likes

I hate to say it but people need to come to the realization that this is just a remaster. They don’t have tons of devs on this anymore and likely have moved on to D4 or other projects. You likely won’t get many blue responses and I wouldn’t hold my breath on some things getting fixed. Not saying they still don’t have devs here but the D2R new paint smell is gone and Blizzard isn’t going to sink in even more money to this game when it is just a remaster.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is a remaster, and that’s great… But, they promised enhancements of the game moving over to modern battle.net… So far, compared to the original game, the game lobby is worse, spam bots are once again a major problem… You can only ignore so many people and the list is maxed out. Some would argue when it comes to the game lobby and chat, the original game is better.

As far as the spam bots, give the power to the players. The first line of defense should be a self-policed population. If X number of spam reports come in with a period of time with the same or similar contents of the reported spam, automatically squelch them until they can be reviewed by staff.

Edit: Not to mention the cheating, botting and duping issues that obviously are still present.

1 Like

Hey I hear ya. I just think (and imo it is obvious) that they said that in the beginning and got the main stuff up and running ie. softcore, hardcore and ladder that they moved a lot of them on this project to other things. Not saying they still don’t have devs and will work on updates, but I don’t see that happening in a timely manor like if this was a full blown brand new game like a re-make vs a re-master or D4 which will get a lot of attention for while etc.

The game has a lot of the same old problems yes, but it’s still an improvement to old D2 and the new balance patch is killer for breathing life into the game.

I’m sure these issues will get addressed but I’m sure it will be on a patch to patch basis.

We probably won’t see the next big changes until season 2

Would I like it sooner … yes.

But for a remaster it’s much better than expected and the fact that they are still allocating SOME resources to it is very positive for me. The last 20 years ish hasn’t had ANY resources. So I’ll take it.

1 Like

That would be a lie at this point based on the past month of zero productive fixes.

1 Like

i think the best part of all of this, is the expectations of the customer…

THIS IS BLIZZARD PEOPLE. and not the blizzard we knew and loved from 15+ years ago. this is the blizzard that takes your money and runs, this is the blizzard that treats the people that give them money like little children, this is the blizzard, that does not care if their games even work properly…

and what is a blue post really gonna do? usually when they post, they just tell you about something that is about to happen, an rather lackluster. don’t know why you’re holding out for a “blue post” to come save the day. if you don’t like d2:r at this point, we have what we have, take it or leave it.

i agree especially with all the purists crying no to change

Aside from the lobby and game list, I don’t really understand why they haven’t fixed the BUG (yes it’s a bug) that Deckard Cain doesn’t identify items in the cube. This has always been in LoD. These are basic things that seem to be neglected on purpose. Sorry Blizz but this is what it looks like

2 Likes

They have spoken…

2 Likes

Imagine being like zax and dedicating your life to trying to make sure there are no changes made to a 22 year old video game :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:t2: :person_facepalming:t3: :person_facepalming:t4: :person_facepalming:t5: :person_facepalming:t6:

We even had people wanting to die on the hill of stopping the 256x manaburn and tomb viper bugs from being fixed

1 Like

Sweet, thanks for sharing the post.

1 Like

LoL you obv dont know @zax. he used to mod d2.
He want changes. just not stupid changes…
Again. you cry ALOT…

lets hope the lobby fix is good.

2 Likes

Pez hath spoken! Game lobby will be fixed!

I just hope it will happen soon enough, I want to experience 2 full months of ladder with a proper game lobby. So far it has been almost a solo playing experience. I don’t know if I’ll have the energy to start a new ladder.

3 Likes

Search functions hopefully!
Search for “baal”: = Baalrunz### ChaosBaalz### Baal4Quest etc etc etc

5 Likes