Online needs /Player 8 Desperately

Who cares if we get /players 8 online. If you have a group of friends you’re already good and it DOES NOT affect you.

Like every single game i go into and try to mf people get belligerent. A lot of the times they all leave really fast as if to say F you not mfing our game.

What am I suppose to do?? Make a game and keep farming solo getting ZEROOOOOOOO drops for eternity until I quit?

This game is NOT designed well enough for people to build relationships like world of warcraft is. I’m not saying that you can’t but how often you see a game running with 4-8 people that are all friends mfing?

Come on man don’t give me that bs.

/Player 8 online isn’t just needed it might actually save this dumpster fire

33 Likes

Flagging as spam. These posts have been polluting General Discussion for far too long.

16 Likes

This. We do not need another one of these threads from your third or fifth account.

5 Likes

The devs said no on the live stream with MrLlama, quit posting about it. If you want /players X, play the game offline.

6 Likes

I went to flag it and found out I couldn’t because it was already hidden. Ah well…

Maybe I’ll catch him on his other account David120481 or Wilson65920.

1 Like

or Sekscaliber, oor or or or…

Abusing the flag system is also against the rules.

2 Likes

Good thing the moderators decide what constitutes abuse then.

Were the flags justified? Lets check it out.

First:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/search?q=%2Fplayer%20%23general-discussion

As you can see, there are a TON of threads about /players X.

Second:

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

And third:

Blizzard has already given the answer regarding /players X online.

6 Likes

Honestly nonsense.

Players online do care.

No its not.

It does effect way of how will people xp and find items in grouls,

2 Likes

Interesting response, considering I placed a justification for my action after stating what action I’ve taken.

The only people who argue against this that even bother to offer a reason are usually just posting some fearmongering hyperbolic nonsense about the destruction of the economy (ignoring that numerous people are already farming with 8 player loot constantly and many items are still 1 in hundreds of thousands in some cases even with 8 players).

For the lazier naysayers it’s always just “go play single player,” which is immensely stupid as a response since the people who want this aren’t claiming to play solo 100% of the time. They just want it for farming for the most part (although it also offers additional difficulty for playing through all difficulties if you want). Most people are solo farming, even when they’re in a game with more players.

People who farm in 8 player games are not even playing this game together. They are doing split runs and just using each other for buffed drops. That is not “social” or an important multiplayer aspect by any stretch of anyone’s imagination.

Players command online just evens the farming playing field without having to hijack games or find split groups on a third party app.

It’s also a massive substantial difference without it.

Some random comparisons:

Ber rune drop chance from a normal ghost on hell difficulty - 1:355,624 with 1 player, 8 players - 1:106,003. That is a 3.35x higher chance going from 1 player to 8.

Ber from boss mobs: highest non-quest drop is Izual and Nihlathak. 1:54781 and 1:55,705 on 1 players, 1: 37, 434 and 1: 38,354 on 8 players. 1.46x and 1.45x difference.

Shako from normal hell mobs - hell bovine on 8 players 1: 619,511, with 1 player - 1: 2,403,475. 3.87x difference.

Shako from bosses: On hell with 1 player: Andy 1:1817, Meph 1: 1842, Diablo 1: 1893

8 players: Andy 1: 995 (1.8x difference), Meph 1: 1501 (1.2x diff), Diablo 1:1543 (1.2x diff)

Those numbers are 0 MF numbers, if we look at 300 MF:

Shako, 300MF 8 players Andy 1:422, 1 players 1:771 (still a 1.8x difference in efficiency).

The difference in drop chances is substantial, especially for items off of normal monsters.

13 Likes

Posting those comparisons just shows you’re after one thing… More frequent drops. A faster game. Zoom zoom.

If I want zoom zoom progression, I play D3… Seasons last maybe a couple of weeks, then it’s boring. If I were to span D3 over the course of the whole season, I’d play maybe 15 minutes a night.
If I want slower progression, I play D2. The item hunt keeps going for most of the ladder. And that’s playing 1-2 hours a night.

Do we really need another zoomer variant of the game? Because that’s what bringing /players x to Battle.net will work towards.

3 Likes

Yes, in a game that is about trying different builds, people actually want to find items to try different builds.

However, I would not call Diablo 2 drop chances even at 8 players as “zoom zoom.” One in 100k is nicer than in 300k, but you’re still not exactly swimming in good drops the way you do in D3.

Even with 8 player level loot you’re still not super likely to find the items you want without trade.

7 Likes

If you want to TRY different builds, there are ways of doing that in single player. There are character editors you can use to whip up any build you want.

DONT SPEED UP THE PROGRESSION OF THE GAME.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even indulge him as it only enables more threads like this to be created.

The discussions about the reasons why players 8 would be bad for the game have already been had. He can go look through the threads himself and can save you the trouble.

1 Like

If you think 8 player level loot destroys the progression of the game you are living in a fantasy world and I can’t help you.

Also, shouldn’t you be arguing that all loot in p2-p8 should be nerfed if you think that level of loot drops is problematic?

7 Likes

Yea, I already have read all of their bad arguments. They are wrong and mine are better.

3 Likes

You need to just put the game down and move on then, buddy. This isn’t the game for you.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming you have no meaningful argument to support your points.

1 Like