Oh that RNG though

Been farming TZs all week for either a Light/Cold Sunder so I can respec, but no dice. Last night I get two in the Underground Passage within 5 minutes. 81 Fire and 90 Poison…fml… lol. I’ll add that to my other 75 poison one I found.

Can’t a brother get a Light Sunder to make his Light sorc dream come true? How long did it take you all to get yours? I had read at one point they used to drop like candy.

It’s is just RNG, last season I found 3 cold sunder on one day which also been the only ones I found that day.

Thanks. As far as drop rates go, if a TZ is in a boss zone like Andy or Meph, is it better to just beeline to them? Or continue to clear the area first to get all the Unique/Champ packs?

i’ve found like 5-6 perfect cold sunders lol. i’m getting sick of them. i find so many sunders i pick them up just to see what % and then huck em back regardless.

1 Like

I think I’m only at about 175MF if that affects it. I also play online, but mostly solo, so I know that does not work in my favor either. Will just take time I reckon.

that’s more than enough mf. play on p5, kill about 80 mf and swap is 220. sometimes i find 2 sunders at a time.

Woohoo, thanks to a kind stranger I now have a 77 light sunder. I swapped back to my favorite element, lightning, slapped on CMoon and am crushing stuff again. Unfortunately, swapping in CMoon put me down to 86 fcr…one category below where you want to be. But so long as I’m careful, it hasn’t been an issue thus far.

Right now I’m back to rotating between Cows and TZ’s to get a better Merc weapon, gear, and runes. He’s been using a non-eth Bill Insight for ages and it’s just not keeping up anymore. Right now on the hunt for:

35 Spirit Mono (mine’s 32…)
Arach Mesh
Griffons (lol right)
Oculus
Ruuuuuuunes. Found a Sur last night in a TZ, huzzah.
Decent base for my Merc.

I’m definitely getting there fellas. Thanks for all the help and advice.

1 Like

Using non-eth bill atm too. I hate elite polearms cause they either roll right on the drop or you waste mats. Wish quest let you choose socket number. Good polearms don’t drop in areas where the quest can give four. Unless you want to wait till 93+ for a CV the merc can use.

…I have two 4 socket non-eth CVs in the stash and I cringe each time I look at that str req. I saw a couple threshers drop the other night and left them on the ground, completely forgetting there’s a socket recipe for the cube lol. I’m still getting back into the swing of things here.

I have an eth CV with 4 if it comes to that. But I’ve cubed like 15 Threshers from Pits and I think 3 were eth and none of them rolled 4 and haven’t had a 4os drop at all.

I didn’t think to try Pits. I’ve been doing cows. I also haven’t unequipped any MF gear, which I read can help. I farm for an hour or two a day here when I have the time. Mostly solo online. I just had a 3 socket thresh drop in my last cow run… 3…THREE… there should be a “Fry Ice in H***” button to send to the devs when that happens…

Wherever you farm best is the best place to find one. Probably cows. Maybe even TZ’s to be honest.

You should also remember that GT and CA are good weapons for insight as well as now I believe a mancatcher spear can be used for infinity if that is what you were going for.

2 Likes

Indeed. I’ve been picking up any polearm that seems like a decent upgrade. Just going to take time. I have the runes, just need the base. I’m using the only 4os Monarch I’ve ever found. Grateful it decided to roll a 32 at least.

I’d like to think that one day I’ll have an infinity, but given that I’ve only ever seen a Sur rune drop for me and never anything greater, I have to be realistic. I’d like one one day, but for now I am just trying to focus on the best I can make my sorc without one.

That is the one issue with light sorcs. Need to eventually hit that 117 FCR BP. As for the spirit you can reroll it pretty much with no issue, though I’m not sure it matters on a light sorc as much depending on the other gear you eventually get.

Honestly an infinity just takes time and perhaps a bit of trading, having a sur means you’re almost like 20% done with it already.

As for the rest of your build an occy is worse than Cmoon IMO.

Agree. I’ve got the Mal and Ist already in a safe place.

For the Occy, I was theory crafting that if I somehow magically had an Infinity, would the conviction aura do the job CMoon is doing? Then I could get my FCR back with Occy.

I guess it does depend. If you’re going around largely playing P1 content it might not matter the most, but ideally you want the benefit of a Cmoon AND the infinity if you were going for the best. Also cresent moon is -35% meanwhile for the monsters that are affected by sunder I think conviction is capped at -17%. I’m not sure if that remains the same for non-sundered monsters, someone else can correct me. Regardless you’ll see a fairly big damage drop off by sacrificing cmoon.

Of course in the end perhaps in P1 there are plenty of builds that can work, but optimally you never sacrifice speed for MF. If you happen to get MF and maintain speed that is fine.

Also as for FCR if it was needed and you were still blazing through a hoto is probably better because you get the resists to go along with it.

1 Like

Yessir, mostly P1 Online. RNG if certainly fickle. After work I did 2 cow runs, got a Cryptic Axe, rolled 4 sockets in the cube first try. Then later in the Arach Lair I got Nef > Nef > Thul > Sol in the same room. Never seen that before. Not great but I thought the game must have had a stroke lol.

Yeah, so if you’re mostly doing P1 content and you can breeze past like Baal Chaos Cows and all the good TZ’s then you don’t have to go for the best possible build.

For the CA/Thresh/GT/Mancatcher’s I hope you’re mainly rolling eth ones. I guess supplies aren’t really that limited, so maybe it doesn’t matter, but those are crafting materials that could be useful elsewhere.

CA was not eth unfortunately, but since it rolled 4 OS right away I just went with it for now. Now I will wait for a proper one.

1 Like

At this point rolling anything that’s an improvement. No longer have the luxury of waiting out eths that never drop with right sockets or clean. I just finally upgraded to a reg Partizan. I’ve only been paying a week though so no biggie. Pally is level 85 and Assassin I made for Larzuks is 65. Decided I like her so working for Mosaics, now since they are relatively cheap to make. Can make one and the mal for a second but can’t get socketed greater talons, of course. Might have to make another Larzuk character, lol. I don’t recall having worse luck on eths or sockets in previous ladders.