Offline Problem- Stuck Character?

Heya,

So while playing offline i had some sort of electrical Blackout hit our Neighbourhood and since then i no longer have the character i was playing in the list of my offline characters.
I cant play any other character offline either, online works just fine, just offline doesnt.
ive tried the following:

1. Repaired the game via the battle.net-launcher
  2. Waited for multiple hours for auto-logout
  3. Logged out of battle.net, logged back in to battle.net
  4. Deleted and reinstalled the game.
  5. Removed the savegames of the stuck character from my “Saved Games” folder in windows.

nothing helped, still cant play any character offline…and cant find anything to solve the problem either.
anyone got an idea?

Hey there Eternity,

That’s hard to hear that your offline character is no longer there after losing electricity. This sounds like a corrupted file occurred due to the loss of power. Blizzard has no way to fix damaged files and since they’re saved locally on the player’s system, there is no backup if such wasn’t done by the player. My apologies for the news regarding that as I know it can be a hard loss for any progress made by them.

I do think it’s possible to fix it so you can play your other characters though. Since you tried removing the character’s files already, I suspect this is due to the shared stash file being damaged. Going to where your saved characters are and either renaming or deleting the SharedStashSoftCoreV2.d2i file should let the game create a new one that then allows you to play your other characters.

well, thanks i guess. it helped me to get back into my other characters but wiped out the 12 different sets and other magical items i was grinding weeks for.

i guess there is no reason to continue farming then, have a good one

Just use a save game editor and re-create your items. Or make entirely new ones.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.