Offline character progress lost

Playing on Nintendo Switch.
I’ve barely been able to log in online, so I made a Necromancer in Offline mode. Played up to the Black Marsh, character level 11 or 12, and I decide to Save & Exit. After the game reloaded to the main menu, I closed the app and turned off my Switch.

An hour or two later I’m back and launch the game, select my Offline Necromancer. It says he’s level 7. I launch the game anyway, and he’s definitely level 7, has only done the first 2 quests (Den of Evil and Blood Raven), and all his items are my old gear. I lost over an hour of gameplay.

How did this happen with Offline mode? Surely game breaking bugs like progress deletion should have been completely ironed out before release? It’s not like they couldn’t test it.

6 Likes

Same thing happened to me except I’m back at level 1 with nothing. Maybe 20 minutes ago.

2 Likes

same thing here , played a bit till lvl 6 yesterday . today log in and my sorceress was lvl1 with no progress . all stash , items , gold , exp gone . just like I would never played :frowning: I remember times when you buys game and you could play . it was good times

1 Like

I was playing offline at lvl 17 decided to go to bed, closed the game it opened back up im back in act 1 lvl 12. This really triggers me right now seeing im not the only one.

2 Likes

Happens on PS5 too, lost far too much progression that I’m stopping till they fix it.

1 Like

Same here. Lost everything and have to start over. Not sure I want to play until it is fixed. It will feel like the Groundhog Day movie. Playing on PS4.

Same here on the PS5. Lost all of my act II progression. I see they are putting out a patch for PC. Any word on a patch for consoles?

Same on switch lost a LvL 26 paladin after game crashed on ancients, this game is not reliable and I do not want to continue playing at all, any chance i will get a refund for this mess? Blizzard destroying another franchise with a remaster not a surprise at all, what a joke

Lost my Lvl 31 necromancer when I was facing Baal. The game crashed and when I opened again, my char was deleted

My game on Nintendo Switch also just crashed offline. I played almost trough act 5 with my necro and the whole progress is lost.
But much worse, the Insight I had in my shared stash, which I gave to my merc before the game crashed is completely gone. Not on the merc not in the stash. Don’t know what went wrong there
-.-

Lost my ps5 offline nightmare progress.

Replayed and it went back to the same point a second time overnight

Beware travelers.
Should you have the unfortunate happen to you as I have, I fear there is nothing these developers can do. 3 hours of running towers and grinding areas for runes. 32 Runes. 30 chips, and a meager 35kgold pieces. Gone. Not sure what I can do. A few hours invested to feel like im playing a cyberpunk 2077 version of D2. At least in that game they save your progress accurately.
I really don’t trust this game now to sink any time into characters. I feel cheated. So if you haven’t bought this game. Do not. Not until the bugs of deleting rune words, or other items out of inventory are taken care of. I don’t think I’m eligible for a refund, but at this point I rather boot up Diablo 2 LoD from 20 years back. At least that won’t lose my progress in the like this one will.
Start taking pictures of your progress if you want to deal with putting in support for item restoration… If they offer that. I doubt it. If they do they will provably be worse than a Wal-greens offering covid testing. First 3 people get one but they’ll have you make an appointment and sit in car that whole time to just tell you they are out. Tangent end.

Anyway, beware traveler. Perhaps going to play runescape is a better option. Now that that HD mod was authorized.

I lost a whole character. He’s just gone. Doesn’t exist. Days now. Must of never saved.

Same here, playing from PS5, lost my progress, from lv 19 ACT2, back to level 7 Act 1.
can Blizzard solve that? such a waste of money and time on the game…

1 Like

Just had the same thing happen to me. Playing on PS4 Pro.

In one session I got through Act II and part way through Act III. Logged back in just then, character has lost levels, money, gear, etc and was back in Act II. I’m very annoyed and don’t want to keep playing in case it happens again.

I didn’t just loose progress, I lost an entire character. PS4.

I’ve been playing an offline version of a character for a few days now. Saved and quit, restarted the PS4, go to start up and the character is completely gone. Still have another offline character that I started but this one just isn’t there. Checked storage and there’s no save file for her.

This character was named the same as an online character so wondering if that had something to do with it, but recreating her did create a new save file.
Also, shared storage has a bunch of stuff in it that the original, missing, character put in there.

This is just silly.

Guys, try going from Harrogath back to Act IV and now I have to defeat Diablo all over again!!! What a hellish fight to have to do twice! 2nd time my progress has been lost and both times it’s cost me gems and the Horadric cube, which I now have to go get for the 3rd time. Why hasn’t this progress glitch been sorted, seems ludicrous!

1 Like

I bought diablo 2 ressurected on ps5 yesterday and played a lot , i saved and quit like normal but this morning when i wanted to play i lost all my offline character ! Its all gone and i dont know why?

Hello Blizzard devs,

I own the game and playing it on PS5.
To sum-up, my offline character progression rolled back and I lost hours of gameplay:

  • I was level 25, on Act III, just ready to craft Khalim’s Will, but I closed the game and went back to it a bit later.
  • After powering on my console and re-entering the game, all my quests on Act 3 reset, my Horadric Cube is missing from the inventory + any of the looted items. I basically acts like NO SAVE was made whatsoever during my previous run.

Please, I do not want to start all over again, I just want my character back with it’s proper progression…

1 Like

PS4 here.

After completely losing my offline assassin a few days ago (save file just disappeared) I started a new one.

I played for quite a bit yesterday and ended up just getting back to Act 2. Saved/quit/slept… this afternoon I fired things back up and now I’m only halfway through act 1 again.

This is insane. I’ve had a good 20hrs or so of playtime altogether just completely vanish. Why is it so hard to work out saving characters/progress?!?

2 Likes