Offline character is gone

I have the same issue, but there might be a reason, I made my offline character same class and name as one of my online characters.

I notice in the savegame file location that the save files are “char-name.extension”. There seems to be no differentiation between online and offline, which is just wrong, but might be the reason it happened.

Had lvl20+ necro in single player mode, just cleared flayer dungeon, hit save&exit - on next launch the char was gone. Have the same named lvl5 necro in online mode - he’s still ok.

I think you’re on to something. My offline Druid that disappeared had the same name as my online one.
I have a strong suspicion that identical names aren’t identified as different regardless of online or offline. I remade my Druid with a different name and haven’t had any disappearing problems since.

1 Like

9/23 15:15:05.006 [Render/4] [<>:0]: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: - - Pastebin.com

Good point. I also have online and offline characters with same name … going to rename online ones and see what happens.

Yeah, Now when i think about it, yeah that was exactly what happened, My Offline character i named the same as my Online Character, As nothing was telling me that i couldn’t and as they are technically different versions, it shouldn’t be an issue, But apparently it is!, I have since made other characters and tried playing, restarting, rebooting pc etc, and they’re still there… Would be good to know if this is the case for everyone this is happening to… That if your offline character is named the same as the online, the online takes priority over the Offline character… Could it really be that simple?

Yeah my offline and online characters shared the same name

Gotta love how single player is actually multiplayer just to try and prevent piracy for a few extra months.

Thanks Activision for not letting us store characters offline on our own pc for offline use… absolutely pathetic.

How do you ruin a classic? Let Activision touch it the second Blizzard title you have shamed.

1 Like

Offline clean character (started yesterday) not deleted, but rollbacked with all the staff gathered from lvl 23-24 Act3 before Meph to lvl 16 Act1 today after save-exit, game closed and reopened again after 3 hours. Same crap, have both online and offline characters with the same name.
UPD all things rollbacked BESIDES 3 shared stashes (thast is personal stash with money and inventory rollbacked)

I don’t have a “Diablo II Resurrected” in Documents\saved games at all.

It’s not in your Documents folder, it’s in your Saved Games folder. Unless you either deleted or moved that folder.

For example, I moved my Saved Games folder to my OneDrive folder, in case I ever decide to play on my laptop. That way my offline character remains synched between my game computer and my laptop.

Yeah, I have a Documents\savedgames\ folder.

This folder does not contain a “Diablo II Resurrected” folder at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9uw95e9xio7f79/d2saves.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4yf8ee4scine1s/d2saves2.png?dl=0

Pastebin Link

Same issue. Offline character deleted completely from system after logging back in this morning.

Man, not Documents\Saved Games but just username\Saved Games

WTF? Why would they stick it in there? That’s not where other games stick their stuff.

So the stuff is in there, but again, sadly BNET decided to overwrite everything I did last night, so no matter what I’m SOL anyhow, and now I don’t trust playing.

That is not the “official” save games folder. The “official” one will have a unique icon, not the generic yellow folder icon. Look in your “C:\Users” folder.

Is the ‘Saved Games’ folder a sub-folder in the Diablo II Resurrected directory? If so, it’s not in mine. Maybe that’s the reason my character no longer exists locally?

No.

The saved games folder is (by default) in your “C:\Users\(your computer username)\” folder. NOT in your D2R folder, or in your Documents folder.

Unless, of course, you moved or deleted it.