Offline character is gone

Are your save game files still on your PC?

Same here , PC windows 10 fully updated, Played up to about lvl 5 between 1 and 230. and when I logged back in this evening he was gone.

No. (Only the Online character i made before i went to Singleplayer/offline, as the Online play was broken). And it’s the Offline character that went poof.

Might you know exactly where to check?

Me just opening the D2R directory, nothing listed in there is labeled as save or sav.

It’ll be in in C:\Users\{your username}\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected\

1 Like

Ye, it defaults to your windows disc, even tho like in my case, ive got the game on another harddrive as otherwise the windows disc suffers.

Yeah same issue here on PC, looks like the save file for the missing toon is straight up goooone

Thank you. I have 9 files there. 9 files total. 7 of them with my char’s name on them and none listed as a save file. I could be wrong.

File types are JSON, DTI, CTL, CTLO, D2S ( maybe this one? ), KEY, KEYO, MA0, and MAP.

Yeah, those are your offline character’s saved game files. At least it means there is a chance that you can recover them in game.

Yeah this game is broken and we all got ripped off.

I wonder how? When I log in, my char is level 1 with starter stuff and not the level 11 I had.

Would be nice if Blizz could chime in here, they’ve had like 9 hrs to fix this…

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/raw/An8tzLYi

My offline save files seem to still exist, thankfully.

The same thing happened to me. I had a level 20 Druid that I started earlier this afternoon. I exited and started several more runs so I could farm Runes in the Tower. I must have done this about 10 times and played for several hours. Then I shut my PC down for dinner. When I came back, my character was gone.

I hope he isn’t gone, as I had some amazingly lucky drops that I’d hate to loose. :frowning:

This just happened to me again. Disconnected and now there is no character.

I lost a level 54 hammerdin, it was rolled back to level 1, shared stash still has my grail items i found so far but personal tab is empty. Really frustrating. EDIT ( This was all played on offline - single player).
9/23 19:30:45.803 [Render/4] [<>:0]: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: - - Pastebin.com

2 Likes

9/23 22:27:51.663 [Render/4] [<>:0]: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: - - Pastebin.com

PC - Logged off and low level offline Druid “Brushy” was gone. Luckily didn’t play too long

This was around 8-9pm EST. Can’t remember if I was in town (via portal) or in a cave or something. But I hit Save&Exit, am on PC and this was also an Offline character, with no files existing of a character in my computer.

Lost level 17 offline hardcore necro to this nonsense character deletion. I had just killed Andariel, gone to act2, save and exit. Then he’s not in my character list. I make a level 1 sorc and the 3k gold and wolf head i put in shared stash are still there.
Would not have thought offline play was vulnerable to this. Rip 2 hours

1 Like