Oak Sage not functioning in Hell difficulty as intended

Upon reaching Hell difficulty, I have noticed on my druid that my Oak Sage was dying disproportionately -more- than it ever did in the original Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction game. Upon further inspection it would appear the Oak Spirit does NOT gain the “Immune to Physical” trait, as it should when summoned in Hell difficulty. It would normally do this, to mimic the physical Immunity of other ghost/spirit/whisp/ect. enemies within the difficulty.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this too. I don’t even bother using it in hell now because it only lasts a few seconds and is the first thing to die Always.

I am running wind druid with Oak I have noticed AI problem. In NM/Normal Oak sage using “avoidance” model - basically oak sage use behave in similar way like Act 1 Mercenary … on Hell this AI changed for “follow model” similar to Act 2 Mercenary and THAT cause a lot problem because this blob actually start present primary for attack target.
Interestingly enough here is some observations
a) you have full pack of ravens (5) flying around you - your Oak Sage rarely get hit (it still follow just not argo mobs)
b) After depleting hits and ravens departure - order of attack is following - first to die your vine, than blob and only after that mobs turning attention on the bear
Here is a question - why mobs are not argo by Grizly? (yeah low damage but still damage?), I do understand mechanic why ravens deflect agro (swarm logic, notable damage) and have some idea’s why vina generate tones of agro (it wondering all around map within 7x7 area) but why bear take less agro than blob it really hard to understand

1 Like