Now that Blizzard dropped the ball with Diablo 4, time to hire prominent modders to improve and expand D2R

Now that Blizzard dropped the ball with Diablo 4, time to hire prominent modders to improve and expand D2R

properly… unlike what theyve been doing since the game launch

3 Likes

Delusion. They could pour a billion dollars into this game, it ain’t returning a single dollar. Move on along with your suggestions.

Hi Anu/Sekscalibure/Omnipwn,

Hire? Hah, don’t think for one minute that Blizzard is going to hire anyone to do anything for this game that barely makes enough income to support the servers running. Even though modern Blizzard made D2:R, it’s still Blizzard Norths game, which is better off staying as close to a remaster of the original as it can. The last thing Blizzard needs to do is do even more to the game to morph it into an amalgamation of Diablo 2 + 3 + 4 + Immoral.

It’s amazing how some people keep expecting/looking for “new” in the “old”.

Don’t worry, the modding community will do their thing once they hack D2:R to high heavens to run on private servers, which AFAIK is being worked on.

Diablo 4 is an abomination of a Diablo game and a complete failure of an ARPG. It just makes me so sick to even think about.

5 Likes

(after Blizzard North) D4 is their 2nd attempt at making a sustainable iteration of the franchise… If plan fails, power creep is the “fallback” option.

The auction house in the first attempt didn’t work out so well. We all know how that ended up.

We all have our theories about Diablo 2… Blizzard secretly in on the botting action… Just saying.

That bottom line is what matters with a publicly traded company.

1 Like

I think they’re in the fallback process already. They made Uber Uniques and are now starting to hand them out like candy because D4 players have to be the most cringiest, entitled group of Diablo players I have ever seen.

“WHERES MY SHAKO!??” “I only have 2 hours to play per day. I WANT MY SHAKO NOW!!!”

I think D4 players and Blizzard deserve each other.

The 3rd to be exact…

You’re right, but I don’t count Immoral amongst them.

Nty

20chars of NTY. Leave my game alone. Revert all changes. Give me the game I was sold.

1 Like

D2 is where the series peaked, it’s all downhill from there, trying to milk what’s left of the dwindling good will.

3 Likes

I still cannot believe they abandoned all the customers here. Especially for the trash d4.

2 Likes

What’s crazy is they have (or had) one of the greatest gaming communities of all time.

Coooley just released a great video, and he’s still pulling a ton of views talking about a 20 year old game.

It’s just insane they don’t give these guys anything to work with and try to build a strong community and brand for years to come. I’m actually glad the PoE guys meme’d on D4 with “D4 bad”, that’s 100% deserved.

1 Like

D4 has to be the largest waste of resources for an awful game ever. 10 years of development to end up having less features than d2r.

2 Likes

You know that medieval extraction looter game called Dark and Darker? Those people actually embraced Diablo 2 and put in a channel system that you can literally trade in. They have a drop down for categories of items and people actually use it.

I tweeted the main reps of Diablo on D2R’s launch day (and made many threads) and asked if they could add more channels to the main lobby drop down: Trade, PVP, Runs, Quest, and you know what they did? They spat in my face and ignored it, leaving the online mode in a garbage state for the next 8 months.

They could still add those channels in today and they would be extremely valuable to the online community.

“They saw D2 as something to be corrected instead of something to be perfected.”

How is it that everyone else takes inspiration from D2 except for :clown_face: Blizzard?

What’s wrong with this game now?

It’s been fine for 20 years

Nothing is wrong. This isn’t a half empty scenario. It is what can be improved and why are we not doing it.

Had they addressed the bot issue heartily, me thinks there’d be a much more populous server on hand …

As well as revert the realms back to separation so that Asia doesn’t kill us so badly with their botting …

maybe a few reverts?

… Move Cain back in A5
… Revert online chat back to where people actually chatted and not had to suffer the single bot infested spam room
… reinstate TCP/IP

• You know, little things …
1 Like

Botting is huge, and Microlizard is more than capable of stomping those out if they wanted to. I am not sure what their motivation to let spam bots continue is.

I am fully against D2JSP for item selling as well. About 2 weeks in to the season you can be massively geared for 10$.

I feel they could have made more game modes, a better offline experience, made a better lobby than at least the original game. And certainly thought they would not abandon everyone less than 2 years in to the remake and have no balls to communicate with the loyal fans.

10000 people worked on it lol

1 Like

Probably 10 people actually working in India while 100 bosses in the US made dumb decisions, 7000 lazy people did nothing, and 2890 people formed internal social groups and clubs about “insert agenda here.”

3 Likes