Nova Sorc + Light Immunes

Hi,
I am thinking of making a Nova Sorc this season and was thinking about how to deal with lightning immunities, until I find a lightning sunder charm

Is it a good idea to rely on a mercenary or should I go hybrid (Light/fire) and then when I find a lightning sunder charm respec to full light tree?

Thank you.

Depends of you. The - to your light resistance force you to adress that with charms and equipment etc. I, personally, prefer more versatile builds because I do very little farming, so I play everywhere. My 2 cents.

If you choose to go dual, FO, FW are the typical solution.

As for ES, the debate is still on (not that much for a light sorc)…

1 Like

I tried ES last season, when I went full FO and didn’t really liked it.

I will start with mono-Nova and see how far I can go. If I am having trouble, I will start putting points in fire ball.

Yeah IMHO never go full ES (mana/health). You will eventually get hit and you need to be able to take that hit with some health. Also, ES without at least some points in telekinesis is useless IMHO.

But I recommand ES for a light sorc because you typically waste less in the prerequ and it favor +light skills.

Once i kill hell baal and farm meph 100 times i am going to respec nova es and farm cows forever. Hybrid light fire is not as good as hybrid cold/fire i wouldn’t waste a respec stick blizz until you clear hell and get some gear under your belt. Then light all the way you could play fire but you really need flame sunder charm to do it earlier than light. Light can farm hell countess and run all key areas quickly except nili you need to be careful and take your time. Early ladder key set trades make you rich remember lads.
See you all in the ladder reset!

When i decided to go Nova, I had farming keys in mind as you mentioned.

And I will probably respec to mono light once i find a Light Sunder charm.
I was wondering if a merc can help with light immunities until then.

If they are physical light immunes no but if you get a partizan insight eth from nightmare your merc can atleast do some decent damage. You could get really lucky early ladder and get a tristram terror zone and just smash griswold until he drops a light sunder. Last ladder i got an eth insight and got a lem rune and made early treachery and my merc did a decent job. It all based on your luck early. I hope i get lucky and get a light sunder early and ill just roll crescent moon with lower resist wand on swap and never look back.