Not able to Run D2R in Bootcamp

Game: D2R
Hardware: 2020 Macbook pro - 32g RAM, AMD Radeon 5500, Intel i9 chip running on bootcamp windows 10.

I launch the game, and it gets to the loading screen for battle.net. After staying there for a minute or so, D2R freezes. After freezing my only option is to exit out and after restarting, reinstalling, updating drivers, and other basic trouble shooting tactics I could not get it to work.

Has anyone else run into this? Has anyone found a solution?

i have the same problem.
iMac 27 (late 2015) 32 Gb, AMD Radeon R9 4 GB, Intel i7

Diablo II: Resurrected is available on PC and Consoles (XBox, Playstation, and Switch).

Source: Blizzard Support - Diablo II: Resurrected System Requirements

Note: We do not support installing or playing our games on a Boot Camp partition or other virtual desktops.

Source: Blizzard Support - Mac Support

Unfortunately, you may need to turn to Reddit to see if anyone has a workaround, since their staff isn’t offering support for bootcamp Windows.

Solved!

Update video drivers (in my case AMD Radeon R9 M395X) with “BootCampDrivers com” instead original bootcamp’s.

2 Likes

I have a iMac 2017 27" and an Radeon RX580 eGPU in a sonnet box.
I upgraded win10 to the max, installed BootCampDrivers Nov 2021 Red Edition, switched association of the D2R process + Launcher to the max performance GPU (Radeon).

Launch D2R

• Black Screen, appearing Blizzard logo => done
  • Logo Buildup of D2R => done
  • Black Screen + correct cursor + moving D2R logo bottom right => stuck in that step

In 4 days i was not able to reach some kind of log in screen, regardless the resolution of the 2. monitor or the window settings of D2R

I have a Mac mini on Big Sur 11.6. Bootcamp windows 10 version 21H2. I also have a 5700xt egpu. D2R runs just fine for me.

1 Like