No True 'Offline' Mode

Server rollbacks effecting an offline character that was created while not being connected to internet?

Makes 0 sense.

4 Likes

Welcome to launch day bud. not a lot of bugs or problems make sense on any games launches. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s just blizzard not knowing what the word ‘offline’ means.

Also, thanks for the free bumps :slight_smile:

6 Likes

who had their offline character deleted?

1 Like

You aren’t understanding how offline mode and where your character gets saved aren’t exactly the same thing. “offline mode” simply means you are currently playing without a direct constant internet connection. end of description. Doesn’t mean your character info is 100% ONLY on your computer and no where else.

you don’t have a single like on your post. bumps aren’t going to help your complaints become anymore valid.

2 Likes
1 Like

Offline means offline. No excuse to force somebody to sign onto Bnet to play a game single player if that was the reason they bought it. Stop trying to justify bad business practices.

9 Likes

Again defending Blizzard wherever he can.

So Launch-day issues are just expected from Blizzard now, we engage this company expecting them to have issues at launch after paying $69.95 for a 20 year old game.

That is how LOW the standards are for a AAA company,

How is that relevant to the situation? What if someone doesn’t have regular connection to the internet?

You expect everyone to be as privileged as you?

The reason you can even say something like “Also, only having to log into the internet every 30 days is fine” is because you’ve hadeasily accessible internet your whole life and have taken it for granted.

You simply can’t empathize with other people that don’t have life as easy as you.

Your privilege is showing.

6 Likes

No offline character be deleted ignore that msg.
I was able to load all my offline characters form D2LOD all works fine

95 paladin looks awsome.

I had the issue about 30 days on the first launch, although I find it hilarious that people complain about it at this day and age like it’s 1999.

The fact that i have a airbag in my car doesn’t mean i expect to have an car accident/crash, but it’s a safety measure. Alot of people who “complain” about this simply don’t want to be bound at the moods of Blizzard, but rather have a guarantee that even in 20 years they still can play their PAYED GAME. Especially if they brag so openly about “well we do have singleplayer-offline” and than you have to connect online each 30 days anyway. That’s madness.

Also not to mention that there are quite a lot of people and countrys which don’t have a stable Internet-conncetion and stuff like this can be a frustrating experience.

Last but not least the fact that we are in 2021 connected online in a daily basis, doesn’t mean it’s a good thing that you have to depend on it on every single aspect. (Same goes for Smartphones by the way)

4 Likes

You don’t need stable internet connection to play the game offline, already tried that, most likely game generates a 30 day token on your battle.net connection that expires in 30 days, that’s it. You can shut your internet connection down and enjoy the game.

I got it already, re-read my Post. I acknowledged already the fact that you have 30days for it. Doesn’t make it better in anyway, because you still depend on a internet connection and blizzard.

1 Like

this is completely reasonable in 2021. Please grow up and get with reality.

1 Like

Now I am pretty sure you are trolling

Maybe in your privileged world, all of your devices are constantly hooked up to the internet and you don’t have issues being unplugged, but a lot of people are gone for extended periods of time to remote places, or have devices that they keep unplugged from the internet. I have a laptop that I don’t connect. It is used for light gaming and word processing. Why should I need to have it bound?

Just because “it’s 2021” doesn’t mean we all need to be forced to jack into Blizzard’s systems from time-to-time and prove we own legit copies on our machines.

4 Likes

It’s never “reasonable” to force people to internet connection/online play and make it dependent on that. I’d rather argue you are the one who should grow up, because you sound like one of the youngsters which don’t know it better, times where you truly could enjoy Games offline etc. And the fact that 2021 is doesn’t change that in the slightest.

Topic:
Not to mention if they would’ve offered a true offline experience now people wouldn’t b**** about in this forum as much as they do… because there are quite some which aren’t even able to play offline at all.

So yeah - so much to “no problem at 2021” proven wrong in the very first days of the launch already. Remembers me the forced online-only with Diablo 3 where you couldn’t play for 1 week or 2 at all.

Yikes, how come that people in this forum are so freaking extreme… either they bash and be toxic the game and blizzard, or fanboying over it and bootlick.

/Edit:
Also it’s quite sad that we even have to argue about this, considered that we are talking about a Diablo 2 Remastered, where you had the OG Game where you could install, and play the Game without any internet connection EVER. You know my old D2 Disc with keys, or my USB D3 Collectors stick where also D2 was on it, i could install it the past 21 years without any issue, no forced online connection.

I can accept(with hard feelings) the one-time activation when you install the game, but the 30 days period simply s****.

3 Likes

You don’t understand, you can’t play offline without internet connection, PERIOD!

Steps:

1. Play online/offline WITH internet connection.
  2. Close the game.
  3. Turn off network connection/internet
  4. Launch game again.
  5. It will says you’ve been offline for more than 30 days.

This is a joke.

1 Like

lol. bad busines practices ? are you sure ?

offline not means offline. offline means torrents.

just compare game sales of “legend” d2 with offline mode and “not so good” d3 without it.
for all time.