No good bow base for Mist runeword

Just had a quick glance at the 2.4 PTR accounts and notice that there isn’t a runeword base for Mist other than a Long War Bow. Bit hard to test the physical damage components of this new Runeword when the bow base is weak.

Can this be fixed?

2 Likes

There is a demon crossbow but I’m also struggling a bit with the gear provided. Have been trying to build a fendzon for 2 hrs now and I can’t make my way into Chaos alive :joy:

2 Likes

Act 1 merc can’t use crossbows.

1 Like

That’s true, I thought you’d want it on yourself :slight_smile: I do agree with the lack of rw bases.

1 Like

My first Mist was made with a +3 Ashwood bow. After farming for a while I managed to find a normal white letter plus 1 Grand Matron bow. I added 5 sockets with Larzuk and managed to make a Mist the day before PTR went offline for a week. I used it on a strafe Zon, to clear Worldstone Keep, and Halls of Pain before getting the going offline message from Blizzard. I have a screenshot but nowhere to post it.

Mist Grand Matron Bow

Two Hand Damage, 62 to 331
Level 10 Concentration (got level 12 on Ashwood)
+3 to all skills
+1 to bow and crossbow skills
20% IAS
100% piercing attack
Adds 3-14 cold Damage
Freezes Target +3
24 to vitality
All resitances +40
Socketed (5)

Ive found a shadow bow superior on first days of ptr and larzuked it for 5 sockets. My Priscilla was pretty good to be honest, i hired the fire one and she did awesome with explosive piercing arrows and since the bow have +3 freezing target i go for the fire dmg and she did so well. Also the inner Sight on Ubers helped a lot to kill theirs with my MA assassin, because -2500 def made the boss very easy to generate my charges from Phoenix Strike and for my surprise she lived 50% of the time i killed Uber Tristram because she stay far from the bosses and she kill all the skelies and ghosts. Only bad time she had was agains Diablo minions that are imune to elemental attacks.

The PTR premades and gear provides got as much thought process behind them as the patch changes themselves…

The biggest thing this patch revealed is the lack of understanding of the core mechanics of the game by the development team…

1 Like

The mist runeword says its for 5 socket bow and crossbows… But it didnt work in my bow, big waste of my runes…