No baal games so sad

…fixed.

I have done that with mixed results. In general, baal run games are not joined. If you are lucky enough to get to 3-4 players, then it will fill up and multiple runs happen.

The squishiest class in the game takes all the risk teleporting to throne. If you stumble across immunities in throne and aren’t lightning with an Infinity, you are unable to provide a safe TP for everyone else.

Mana burn + Lightning damage + possibility of either lower resist or conviction aura make quick work of a small life pool.

Pallies with Enigma are the optimal Throne room teleporter. Can literally run 1 pt salvation aura to circumvent lower resist or conviction gloams. Also has no trouble clearing throne on their own to make safe TP.

Throne TPing = 1 person taking all the risk, 7 other reep the rewards. You are more likely to die to glooms or disconnect during TPing than anyone else is clearing Throne waves…

You probably don’t play hardcore so…

that really isnt the main issue, people need to understand d2r has a fraction what LOD had when it comes to player base.There were bots in LOD but the difference is there was 1 bot in the game and 7 players and there were 100 baal games going at the same time along with other games.If you refreshed the list on accident your not going to find that same game again unless you knew the exact spelling to join it in LOD.the game is fun but the cold hard truth is there isnt a lot of players that play this game.In LOD they had a player counter and usually had roughly about 170k players playing online at one time across the servers.I would be surprised if there were 1k players playing d2r at one time

Hey Eithris,

please don’t get offended or take it on the wrong way what I have to say. For me your problem doesn’t seem to be “there are no baalruns, so I can’t lvl up easy to farm better”

It seems to be your choice of equipment and/or lack of Teleport skills, so you struggle to survive and do runs efficiently. I don’t exaggerate when I say for example a blizzard sorc with completely basic starting equip, almost ZERO cost, like:

Lore Runeword
random Amu with skills/res
viper (even low) or even smoke
Spirit shield
Spirit sword
Magefist or random with good fire res (LoH)
tal belt or thundergods (for souls great ;))
some boots with res
random fcr ring with some res
dwarfstar for some fire abs and life

Some random res charms in inventory, preferably light res

Merc with:
andy mask
random armor
random insight

…can beat solo easy:

Countess with merc
Andy
Cows
stoney tombs
arcane
Travi (The toorc icefist I let alive until my merc is good enough :smiley: )
Meph
Flameriver
Diablo (merc for the mages)
Nihlatak
Pindle

(These are the spots I play when i have the gear mentioned above…more spots are possible for sure)

Ok and now lets say you really have NOTHING.
Grind nm cows for your bases for spirit and your lore, smoke. these runes are almost free or easy to get at countess)
If you have that settled you start the run mentioned above, better and better with every new found item. And at this point most of what you find can help, so you will do better and better fast. (Best example → spirit shield and sword give you 110 fhr alone, so telestun is almost impossible, if you keep spamming. So getting everywhere in the game, like teleport to baal, souls or not, is no big problem anymore)

With this method you will rise up fast in equip and your infinity is not that far away.

This post is not to insult, but rather to help get a better way going.
Sorry for my english.

Kind regards.

see, this is where i would have been a jerk even more than blizzard did. to my knowledge, original diablo 2: LoD servers are still up. i would have shut them down as legacy hardware, and offered anyone with an active account a discount code for d2r.

i’m not talking about “being able to do this thing”

i can solo a baal run as well. i have to be careful and patient, but i can do it. i use an orb/hydra build and my merc’s got duress+obedience armor and weapon and a tal mask for more life leech. i most certainly CAN deal with any pack of immunes i encounter.

the problem is i’m in a mismatch hodgepodge of gear, at lvl 85, maybe a grand total of 7 to skills between spirit and tal amulet/belt/helm. no skiller charms or torch to make up the difference.

doing a baal run isn’t the problem. doing a baal run in less than an hour is the problem.

in that same time that i waste clearing to baal, i can do dozens of countess/andy runs, and several cow clears.

what it boils down to is my time. i do not appreciate wasting it, so a solo baal run can kiss my hairy couch cushion. i can accomplish more, for less risk of dying and losing xp progress, by avoiding solo baal runs. worldstone keep can spawn any combination of enemies in the game. stygian dolls + gloams = gg. multi-packs of doom knights, moon knights, and harpies = gg when they stack every curse in the game on you.

for some spawn results in worldstone keep, i would spend dozens of full rejuvs keeping my merc and me alive, and millions of gold resurrecting him when i get unlucky, just to waste an hour or more getting to baal, and i might see a nice rune drop one in a hundred times.

whereas in the tower cellar or on the way to andy, the spawned enemies follow the same patterns, every time, and you only have to be careful of the odd unique miniboss getting a stupid combination of affixes. i can do a complete run in to countess then andy in about 4 minutes if i’m chillin with my music playin, which is 15 or so runs an hour.

so yeah, i can “technically” do baal runs solo. they just ain’t worth my time, and won’t be until i get better gear

Praytell how do you accomplish this in Hell on HC with said gear?

my post is not to insult, but rather to show that you are misunderstanding me.

my gear is tal helm(w/ptopaz), amulet, and belt, Smoke runeword boneweave armor. 2x 10% fcr rings, infernostride boots, chance guard gloves. my weapons are tal rasha orb and spirit monarch, with a swap to an insight scythe(i took it back from my merc when i made him an obedience thresher). my one charm is a pretty decent anni, 17/20/7, but that’s not all that much difference in a baal run.

my act 2 nm merc has an obedience thresher, duress boneweave armor, and a tal helm that i haven’t socketed yet because i’m not sure what’s best to put in there.

the problem is not that i cannot tp for a baal run. the problem is that i cannot do so reliably enough to risk my time, and most especially risk 7 OTHER PEOPLE’s time.

not only that, with a full 8 players in the game, the “moderate risk” of getting oneshot by certain packs such as teleporting into a bunch of doom lords with conviction aura, or worse, gloams with conviction aura, changes from “moderate” to “i’m 100% going to die, the run will stall and nobody will help me get my body back, and everybody will leave to do other stuff and i’ll be out gold and repair bills and won’t make up the lost experience from the death”

i never said i coudln’t do a baal run. i merely cannot do it at a level of reliability and quickness that doesn’t waste the time of everybody involved.

go look on JSP lots of private runs going.

I know, I miss there being an active player base as well. Maybe they’ll make the game fun again, and buff drop rates.

do what 90% of d2 peeps do and get map reveal.

I didn’t have issues tping baal games on my hardcore 91 sorc once I got properly geared. 1.3k hp before BO, 48% damage reduction, max block and over statted lightning res to deal with potential conviction gloams.

that’s the issue. the people who are “properly” geared aren’t running public baal run games. part of it is the split in players between ladder and non-ladder. not everyone wanted to abandon their characters or delete some to make room for new ones.

i honestly blame blizzard. ladder should have had an entirely separate character roster from non-ladder, instead of sharing 20.

And 1 disconnect or game crash on the way down to throne makes that all irrelevant.

I mean I CAN teleport down there on a level 80 sorc wearing cheap survival gear but why risk it when D2R servers and client are so damn unstable currently…

Currently have an 85 ES Nova sorc and the biggest weakness are poison damage and Blood Mana curse…

Not legit, then. Try again.

I really don’t understand what is the point of your message and how it addresses to my message you are replying.

For this reason I create “baalwak” or “diawalk”, to avoid risks. Usually after a while, a Barbarian come in so if I’m a Sorceress I can teleport after BO. Or come in a decent geared Sorceress/build with Enigma and do the teleport thing themselves.

the only way to not risk is to not play, i guess. There’s just no way to make sure your character won’t die in 30 seconds AFK in P8 WSK. There always can be a pack of fanaticism cursed death lords that will chop through anything.

I think a delirium merc will give you the best chance.

LMAO, if you need a maphack to find Andy and Meph regularly, you are so far noob and have no business commenting on anything constructive.

1 Like

Solution
Make the game yourself.

The problem is that you are all literally too lazy to make one yourself and all expect someone else to do it.

There’s probably hundreds of people like you staring at the lobby waiting for eachother to do the work for you.

2 Likes