New rune words without fixing old bugs

I was super excited to pick up Diablo 2 remastered, and have been playing through multiple times with friends. I was very surprised when I made my first rune word, Harmony, only to find out the Revive ability is broken and can’t be used. Then on another play-through, I made an Oath rune word, and the iron golem ability does not work. I love this game, and it was really exciting to see updates and new rune words being added, but I would love to see patches for old bugs that seem to have been around since the game’s original release.

is this console specific? revive from harmony works just fine for me on PC

what do you mean by “broken”? how exactly it is not working?

what “old bug” are you talking about? it works just as well in 1.14

I read online that the ability didn’t work in the original game on PC. I play on a Playstation now. The abilities Revive and Iron Golem remain red, even when bound as an ability, and the character says they can’t use this yet. They just flat out can’t be used. There seem to be a lot of other console players with this issue.

I think this is fixed in 2.4. Please remember for future reports, always explain what the supposed bug is.

• Fixed an issue where the skills granted by items sometimes couldn’t be used on a controller

As for this

Technically there is no issue with the skill. However people might consider it not very useful because summons despawn if you take the item off (or if it’s a weapon or a shield, swap it). Because you kinda don’t have the skill anymore.

the 2.4 patch has not released for console and I cannot find any information on when it will. Console does not have access to the PTR and I have not been able to confirm that the issues are resolved. I saw the patch note you quoted, but it does not specifically talk about fixing specific rune word problems, such as Harmony or Oath granting an ability that must be cast on something and then the character responding with, “I can’t use this yet”. Oath grants heart of the wolverine and I can bind/use that ability just fine. The Harmony issue has been commented on before in another post:

Apologizes for not being more specific about the bugs. I hadn’t seen anything specific in patch notes regarding these issues though they’ve seemed to be a problem commented on by others for some time.

You’ll just have to wait till 2.4 lands, it will be pretty soon hopefully. I might test it tonight, i have the PTR build still.

the fix just says “sometimes” and that’s all we’ve got. It also teaches us a lesson how it’s important to clearly describe the issue :slight_smile: