New Leveling/Grinding Incentive?

I thought “lvl99 was not needed in order to enjoy the game”

Just make lvl 99 give 10 skllpts

10 pts wont make much of a difference as most builds are usually closed at lvl 90

lets add +10 stats and 2 skills per level from level 1. the extra stats means we can easily use points to get enough strength to use sigon’s complete steel at level 6. then we can finally play the game.

1 Like

It isn’t and that’s good. 95 is easily achieveable and the last 4 lvls aren’t changing much of your build. 10 additional skill points at 99 opens a lot more unbalanced options especially for pvp.

I think the people that already have the incentive to build the late levels should be left to stand alone.
There is prestige for those who are willing to, and have, slogged it out.
I admire their dedication, commitment, achievement.
If some think the grind from 93/95 to 97/99 takes too long, or is too hard… or lacks incentive, then, well, that separates the the pack.
I don’t support dangling carrots for the achievement, the achievement is that in-itself.

As it is, the players chasing higher level know their character will not noticeably become stronger, or have better survive-ability, and yet they challenge themselves anyways.
Self driven warriors.

IMO, the carrot system removes the prestige, and and replaces it with greed.

1 Like

I want a refund then lol

But the issue with this concept is that most builds are complete by lvl 85-90 no more meaningful skill allocation

I tried to suggest something in the same vein

People got mad lol

but the game shouldnt be balanced around pvp

not to mention that pvpers usually brag about making their own rules

so thats it, just make another rule

thats exactly why this is a good idea
something like 10 more pts wont be that impactful in pve

the problem with a raise for skll hardcap is the fact that builds that already starve for pts would be even more hungry

It should always be balanced about all available modes and communities.

Never heard them brag about having the need to create rules, but without rules it would be a crappy brawl.

You mean like with the removal of stun and fhr? Just stop the crap already. You sound like a sissy that got clapped in pvp.

Every sorc would love the additional points for ES. Hdins would love the spare points for passive res. Summoner necs could really spec into poison. Javas could either stack their passives or add poison or multi. Windy druids could go wild with summons. Bone necs could get meat shields improved…

But adding 10 points at 99 is a PvP change and not a pvm change… so absolutely useless.

If you really need an incentive to grind for 99, add cosmetics or high runes as rewards, but not some PvP unbalanced power creep

1 Like

Pvp isn’t a game mode

So you agree that the game should have transmog since comminities care about items appearance

So you agree that D2R should have modding assistance because communities revolve around modding the game

i desagree
its clearly that pve is more popular
and as they said, “there is no sacred cow”

but i did
how great d2 pvp community is to the point of making their own rules
not my words

thats a patch
that has nothing to do with a self imposed rule

and none of the above mentioned specs would get a substancial improvement to their run time

this i think should be a good incentive for hitting 99 in ladder

oh god please…

OP is the definition of power creep. Furthermore, why make levels 1-95 1 skill point/5 Stats and the last 4 reward with 2/10? Do the first 95 levels not matter? Where’s the “equitable” treatment? Are you saying you discriminate against lower leveled players? Whatever happened to the prestige of grinding to 99? Are you saying you want to “lower the standards” of D2 gameplay? Reminds me of a certain song honestly

This idea smells and needs to be buried before it gains any more traction. We already get 12 bonus skill points and 15 bonus stats via quests. We don’t need “more” because the grind to 99 is “too hard”. They already watered down the achievement with Terror Zones but this is just a bad idea all around.

1 Like

power creep is the raise of a ceiling in the game

more skllpts wont raise the dps or tankness ceiling

please refrain from speaking for others, speak only for yourself

Stop trolling

I absolutely agree that they should allow modding in an extra mode like old open bnet.

I already stated that transmogrification is ok for me as long as it’s turned off in PvP and available for everybody without extra grind. It’s not needed in D2R but at least some models would used more often without the penalties.

So why suggest a change that is 99,99% PvP then?

Yeah a patch with a PvP related change nobody wanted and can’t be solved with rules.

At least all those whiners that cry about not finding high runes with their 1000s of hours would no longer have an excuse.

It would…

Are you back to trolling or did I just forget how dumb you are?

almost 100%? gosh

nah im just thinking that more points into warmth would be nice for my sorce

but you can just “if youre 99, dont spend the last 10 pts!” right?

a pally would not be more tank than he can already be
the same for any other spec

learn your game please

hahahahahaha

i knew you would run out of repertory soon, but not that early

Max res increase = more tankiness. ES = more tankiness… More dodge evade = more tankiness etc

Maybe you should learn the game.

Nah but you are not worth my time if you act stupid. But I guess you don’t need to act

no ceiling raised

im gonna say it one more time
go learn your game please

its like they say, animals when cornered tend to get aggressive

If you can have it without sacrificing anything else it is raising the ceiling.

Yeah sure troll. Not gonna waste more time with you. It’s here for everybody to see that you failed your „arguments“.

You can have the last word loser.

High levels come with free HRs, I like it I LIKE IT!

skills still caped
stop making things up please

I WON!!!

Sadly we are just the players, the devs have no idea what we want in the game.

1 Like