New D2R end game content

Chaos runeword DOESN’T WORK?? I have a pair of 3 Os claws set aside for when I get the runes. Grrr

Would have been better if TheDarkJedi had posted this one.

Why do people think “Resurrected” means “remaster”? It’s already unclear by the title if D2R is a remaster or a remake.

I bought D2R because the devs said that they were open to change the game after the initial release, and that is what I expect them to do.

Its literally advertised as a remaster.

“Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II. Pursue the mysterious Dark Wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you uncover the fate of the Prime Evils Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) resolution on PC. Diablo II Resurrected features:”
https://diablo2.blizzard.com/en-us/

1 Like

Really? I suppose you have a point. So then this quote, from the official page…

‘Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved’

What do you think that means? No, this is not a flaming fight, its a genuine question, as to your interpretation of what that means. Note, “Preserved”.

Now, to be fair, at this point, I think many of us have realized its not ‘the same’. But, none the less.

If they were so clear on not wanting to change anything, then why do you think they had surveys on game changes before the release. I bet it wasn’t only for the fun of it. Say what you need, I relate to what VV said regarding later changes. The D2 you remember will be there regardless.

So, you completely didn’t bother answering the only question i asked, and instead veered direction. Mk, i guess that’s that. All good.

Nah, I won’t bother to answer you. People who get to keep everything they want, and still want to deny others what they want, I don’t have words for it that is fit for this forum.

Unfortunately it randomly lags and skips till end, or mini 3whirl does no damage etc., there is youtube video about it. Also was linked on site somewhere :frowning:

I am open to changes but not all changes. I like what was done with the stash and other things that were added in the game. However, There are things I don’t want like a very simplistic ploot system. If a ploot system or even instanced loot system has conditions added to them that is a different story. They can even add certain conditions to the FFA system where a player needs to deal 1% damage to the boss for example (would need to convert to a numeric value first). Other posts I used an example of 15% but that was to present how they could do it to ensure only the lazy and intentional leechers don’t get items. The point is don’t lump everyone into the same category because they oppose specific changes and additions.

I am in favor of reasonable changes, additional content, etc. Not everything that was suggested would reasonably improve the game. With that said the controller support vs keyboard + mouse can use some improvement.

1 Like

I’d rather they actually continued to work on Diablo 4 instead of “new content” for this one.

No, not “Immortal”… D4.

Yes, I have a phone, no I don’t play games on it.

1 Like

I am happy to answer it. Balance, (small) loot, and content changes do not impact what the core D2 experience was defined, by blizzard, to be. The quote, possibly paraphased:

“Diablo is at its core a game about killing monsters. Every monster kill is a chance at the slot machine…”

I am gonna tag in MissCheetah, who may remember where that quote is from, because I do not, but it is out there.

Edit: i dont know how to do this on mobile. @misscheetah i summon thee!

I think would be fun with "new uber bosses and maybe they can copy the same system like poe have with - End gaming maps, you can open with portal… Would be awesome!!

They are not going to add new content, this is like Classic wow chat from Blizzard to keep you interested, “We might add future content aka classic +”. It was never going to happen, Blizzard take the easiest road everytime.

They went cheap on servers because the drop off will be huge, the same people playing this game for past 20years will be the only ones left soon.

1 Like

Wanna bet? New monsters, new runewords at the very least.

It’s the same spill they gave classic Wow.

So what you’re saying is, you never had any real interest on this game, it was only a temporary interest, to be filled until the next new thing that take your temporary interest away from this game. This is a great business plan to work from, just imagine if companies actually based what they made on peoples temporary interests. Sounds like you want Blizzard to be a Ponzi Scheme, and not a business.

100% only temp interest from me, its 20 year old game that was sold at AA price that has zero value to Blizzard outside of box sales and people seem to think they will invest resources into it. D3 sold 25 million copies and was seen as failure becuause it had zero monetisation attached to it. Thats Blizzard as a company. You guys are Dreamers.

So your opinion on end game content doesn’t really matter in this case does it. You have only temporary interest. This is known as trolling. Thanks for playing.

I forgot its sunday somewhere