New content ideas

Dear Blizzard Team,

One of the most exciting concepts ever designed in the world of video games, in my opinion, is the Ancient Cave from Lufia. Personally, I believe this concept could work wonderfully in Diablo 2, Diablo 3, and Diablo 4.

In regard to Diablo 2, I envision a unique mode with 250 levels.

Levels 1-50 could take place in Normal difficulty, levels 50-100 in Nightmare, and levels 100-150 in Hell. Anything beyond that could be designated for Uber difficulty.

It might also make sense to have certain bosses appear at fixed levels rather than being randomly generated – for example, Andariel at level 10, Duriel at level 20, and so on.

I’m not a programmer, but I believe the development effort could be relatively manageable, especially given the wealth of experience Blizzard has with the Diablo series. I also think that such an expansion could easily be commercialized.

Let’s be honest, Blizzard’s reputation has taken a hit in recent years. However, if Blizzard were to take a step that provides meaningful content, even for older games like Diablo 2, well-executed, it could win many fans back.

There’s no need to reinvent the wheel here – the existing systems, including monsters, could simply be reused and new difficulty levels could be added. The Hardcore mode could be implemented in a way where players lose everything upon death (including chest inventory), whereas in normal mode, players retain their items. Alternatively, in normal mode, players could earn rest points every 20 levels.

This is just a small idea that came to me today at work.

Best regards,
Stefan

Sorry to be “that guy”, but I guarantee you that Blizzard won’t ever do this. D2:R was basically a PR stunt to draw attention to and boost the sales of Diablo 4. Once Diablo 4 was released, they dropped D2:R like a rock. Robert Gallerani left the D2:R team 2 years ago and still hasn’t been replaced… My guess is that he knew it was a dead end job. The best chance of something like this coming to the game would be through a mod.

Thank you for your response. Do you think the idea is good, independent of that?

I don’t know much about how many resources Blizzard has. But I think it would be feasible, and even commercially viable as part of a small add-on.

For the latter, I don’t blame Blizzard at all, after all, everything needs to be paid for and involves effort. Personally, I think that with relatively low costs, a lot of image could be built and some money could be earned."

The idea is fine for a modification, but not for the official game. I’d rather D2:R stay as true to the original game as it can, that way future players can experience the game as most of us did two decades ago. And if I want to play the game 5-10 years from now, I’d rather play it as I remember it. There’s already been enough changes to D2:R for it to be borderline as it is, and I don’t trust Blizzard to make more changes to the game without further morphing it into some amalgamation of D2, D3, D4 and other ARPGs.

1 Like

No need for a new mode or online /players

All the game needs is “king of the Hell”

Where the more monsters you kill the harder and more rewarding the remaining ones become

People would seek the 100% completion challenge

Dropping in with your mod spam a little late, aren’t you Sekscalibure?

Personal loot + classic character model change is all this game needs atm

Players should play together as indended and due to these bad and ugly characters models and armor skins we should have possibility to swap them by old ones like WC3 devs did in WC3sh1t forget.

The game doesn’t need personal loot. It’s not a problem with the game, it’s a problem with the people playing the game. People who aren’t humongous sacks of greedy excrement can play together and share just fine.

Brevik said in interview one thing He would chage is shared loot, iirc He used this argument that ppl should play together, not alone.

Fixing shared loot is also fixing immune problem.

1 Like

Well if that is true, he should have thought about that 25 years ago. Shared loot gives the freedom of choice to the player.

The problem is playing public games… Yeah it’s going to be a mass free-for-all “GIMME THAT IT’S MINE!!!” crap show. Find a group of friends to play with, things will be different.

They added synergies as game changer and RW meta so personal loot wouldnt be huge difference, also there is still SP and OGD2 for these minority of purists and masohists.

There are plenty of newer games to play that have the features that you seek. Why do you insist on getting those features in a remaster of a 25 year old game?

D2:R is a remaster, not a remake. If it were a remake, then sure, add personal loot, fairy dust, transmogs, rifts, gauntlets, carebears, unicorns and whatever any modern gamer wants, and all for FREE! Make Blizzard work OT and go bankrupt just working on the remake of D2! And if that were the case, yeah, I’d definitely stick with the OG, because a remake of D2 would be trash.

1 Like

Yeah Mosaik is OGD2 item made with pure D2 philosophy :smiley:

They also added TZs LOL

1 Like

Mosaic is pure D3/D4 inspired garbage forced on us by developers who have little knowledge of the game. But hey, I have the choice of not using it! Sure I’d like to see it removed, and the MA assassin tree reworked to not make every other assassin claw useless. Mosaic was a quick and dirty trick to make MA assassin useful. Reworking the MA tree was the harder path, which is why they didn’t go that route.

TZ’s are just fine, as they are a less mind melting boring alternative to endless Baal and Chaos runs.

2 Likes

yeeeep… :slight_smile:

To be honest, I’m somewhat disappointed by the strong resistance. I had hoped that my idea would generate some goodwill, and I’m still relatively convinced of it, as arrogant as that may sound.

As far as I’m concerned, I’ve achieved everything there is to achieve in Diablo 2 and long for a new challenge. And I still think the concept of the Lufia Ancient Cave is fantastic. It would practically be a completely new game, which doesn’t betray the core idea of Diablo II, while offering a new challenge at the same time.

After 24 years, Bhall runs eventually get boring… .

As I mentioned above, your idea is fine for a game mod, not as part of the official game. D2:R is a remaster of the original game. The original game has been called the king of ARPGs numerous times. If one persons idea is added to the game to relieve boredom, then EVERYONES IDEA would have to be added. D2:R would cease being a remaster of the king of ARPGs and instead become the ROBLOX of ARPGs.

Typically when the average person gets bored of a game, they stop playing it and do something else, such as play a different game. You can’t expect Blizzard to constantly add content to a buy-one-time and play forever game just to keep you occupied.

1 Like

Watch out, if you ask for improvements here, they’ll use the flagging system to silence you

That’s precisely why it’s not a good suggestion for the base game, but could be perfect as a mod.

Let’s stop with the dishonest rhetoric here. People that get massively flagged are people that are disrupting the forums through spam, trolling, or other similar means.

While I don’t think WeiterHimmel’s suggestion is compatible with the game, it is clear that it’s a good faith suggestion, so it’s extremely unlikely to get any negative attention beyond trying to explain what makes the suggestion not viable.

2 Likes

Everyone gets His own loot. That would be amazing Push for d2r