New Bow Runeword Revealed: Mist

look like cool but probably meh, the issue why using merc act2 mostly because break immune, have 9999 damage but immune cant be damaged, for what…

each act merc should have break immunity item

2 Likes

I’d agree, I’d rather have a bow like WitchWild that procs amp more. This is still a solid bow for a rouge though.

Because Act 2 mercs currently have…everything? They aren’t the act mercs that are in need of something to make them useful.

Also, for this to be worth it that +cold DMG needs to come up. A lot. Otherwise it’s worthless on a merc since lack of skill points prior to LV 95+ means you’re going to need that extra elemental damage to come from somewhere, and if it isn’t here, you might as well give the merc a Harmony instead since that at least deals with physical immune and cold immune mobs, which seem to be the most numerous in the game.

FWIW, this doesn’t appear to be intended primarily for the mercenary. I mean, that +3 skills isn’t going to be doing much of anything on them.

Cham「Our victory!!!」

Problem being, you’re likely to find Jah + Ohm before finding Cham – even though Cham is ‘worthless’ on ladder, valued lower than Vex, only pulled up by the fact that it is half a Zod.

…this ups the value, but I don’t think the value will make it worth much more than half a Zod – a value it has because of it’s ability to create Zod, not because it’s used in runewords.
Thus, it’s value is largely unaffected by a mediocre runeword.

You’re not finding Cham in singleplayer during the story. So.

Diablo 2’s design is thoroughly confused.
So full of gear you’re literally never going to find playing through the actual game – so full of gear you only have a chance to find after finishing the game.

1 Like

well, we dont know what 2.4 has in petto for rogues. they said they will add AoE skills for them, meaning they will either get freezing arrow or ice arrow and exploding arrow or immolation arrow.

Pretty sure they preferenced a lot of the new rune words by saying that remember these runewords can be used by mercs. I assume some of these were made to make less used mercs better.

That would be nice, but again, unless there are massive changes to mercs, most people will still use A2 mercs aside from a few builds. They need to really shake things up and I don’t see these new runewords doing that yet.

1 Like

nice bow to hold for my summoning necro with my act 2 merc :thinking:

This wouldn’t be better than holding a beast though for the Fanaticism. Def cheaper though. You’d also lose a shield slot too.

1 Like

Cheaper in terms of trade – but self-found, Ber + Mal + Um is weeks easier to find than Cham.

This runeword is for an act 1 mercenary when your amazon wields a faith.
But at that point, why not just use an act 2 might mercenary with Reaper’s Toll…?

The runes in Faith is just about the same rarity of runes as this runeword, because of the absurd rarity of Cham, making finding Jah + Ohm only slightly rarer than finding one Cham.

Ber + Mal + Um is the easiest.
Then this runeword.
Then faith just behind.

1 Like

Appears to me to be less than a Might merc so wont be used mostly.

However! What about those that duo? One person has a Might merc with Doom, and the other person has a A1 merc with Mist. As a duo, you get holy freeze, might and conc.

Freezing arrow+ strafe already has ice, we need one for fire

1 Like

Yeah I know, but this should be cheaper than Ice. The Mist bow also gives more physical damage for dealing with immunities than an Ice bow would. It’s got 100 more ED roughly and the conc aura to increase phys damage further. Tbh, a fire one wouldn’t really make much of a difference for PvM due to all of the fire immunities though. The -fire res on it would only work on non immune enemies.

I’m pretty pumped.

100% pierce, + the skill changes = Freezing Arrow stopping packs completely while Immolation Arrow burns them?

Who knows, this might be really cool.

I’d like it more had they not put it on the same slow base as the Windforce. While Faith can be put on a GMB, or, if you want to use it on a rogue merc, a great bow which is faster by far than the hydra.

Granted, the high resist all is pretty sweet, as is the 100% pierce. The latter allows you to re-allocate some skill points from pierce, but then again, bowazons don’t really need more skill points due diminishing returns on their passives and no support skills for their primary attacks.

This really is just a third “good” bow to add to faith and windforce. Might be better or worse for a given build/play style than the other two. They should have added explosive arrows to it, which currently is only on some otherwise very inferior bows. Then it really would be something.

1 Like

lvl 9 concentration Aura is +180% dmg… which makes this 299 dmg bow equivalent to 538.2 dmg (lvl 12 is 225% or ~672 dmg at 327% ED).Not sure how it works with +dmg charms, the dmg on boots or other items etc, but wouldn’t that make this bow superior to WF? I would think Faith on my Merc, this in my hands and maybe my Bowazon in Hell is relevant again… Not sure why you guys think WF is better than this… help me to understand…
P.S. This needs an Eth rune instead of Ith in the word for -25% Target Defense.

That’s not how this calculation works. The concentration aura’s enhanced damage acts like dexterity, so +180% is the equivalent of an additional 180 dexterity.

Here are the damage comparisons between Mist, WF and Faith setups.

What do you use now?

I recently rebuilt my Zon for Strafe using WF and faith Merc. Currently lvl 91.

I am rereading your post now.

And if I exaggerated, I do pretty well on 1 or 2 players, but don’t do much at Players 8.

Using a 3x ED / +15 Max Dmg Jewel in the WF. Max Break Point is only 50 ias.

If you can, switch to an act 2 merc with Pride runeword instead. Considerably more DPS than using act 1 merc with Faith. If Mist is on the cards for you to try, then Pride is not that much more expensive.

Also for players 8, use atma’s.

You can still hit 9fpa / 7fpa with WF (20) jeweller’s circlet/mav’s (45) gloves (20) noscoil (10) though admittedly 40/15ias + razortail is better, but not the end of the world, just max out your pierce skill.