Nerf Spirit, Grief & Enigma for Patch 2.5

No need to be scared of losing the enigma. We survived without it before. We will persevere.

1 Like

Seems like you have forgotten how it was before Enigma and what else they changed since.

3 Likes

No I didn’t. I still play without it pretty often to this very day. It’s easier now honestly with all the extra 85 areas that are easy to get to.

PD2 feels pretty much like a pre-Nigma patch and I can tell you it’s no all sorc

Actually the build diversity is more diverse there without Nigma than here with it

Game is fun with out enigma

2 Likes

Stony Tombs
Ancient Tunnels
Pits
River of Flame
Chaos Sanctuary
Arachnid Lair
Sewers
Abaddon
Infernal pits
Worldstone

All take a minute or less to get to on foot. 85 areas.

Then you got
Trav
Pindle
Frigid
All three are fast common runs you can do without tele.

So many options nowadays. The game is 10x easier than it used to be as well with all the build options, synergies and other things.

Then add the fact that they could add an endgame where it makes every monsters worth killing

Making even distant areas efficient to go on foot because killing monsters on the way isn’t a waste of time

The only option I agree with is to give 45% FRW to Chains of Honor, but without touching Enigma.

2 Likes

For Enigma:
The modifiers I would look at is either the outrageous amount of Strength or the Armor buff it gives. In my mind the FRW bonus sort of gels with the +1 teleport making it a kind of “mobility” armor. However, the strength and defense buffs (among others) just means there is very little trade off.

If it were low-armor, but high mobility, that would be a much more interesting choice.

3 Likes

Very good point. If you remove the strength and defense it would definitely make the player adjust build and shake the Meta up a bit. I think some people would still use it out of laziness but it would affect their other gear choices.

I like this, rather a lot… they have a mechanic in place to track monster kills already as evident in Den of Evil quest.

1 Like

Yep

And they have a mechanic to increase the difficulty with playercount mechanic

They literally have all the part that they could assemble to create an engaging faithful seemless endgame

There is an argument that you cant really buff melee too much without nerfing Grief - because the flat damage bonus of Grief would grow with the buff taking it further out of sight of everything else.

Grief %ED or something, it needs a nerf.

Spirit needs a hefty nerf.

Enigma can remain the same but with a cooldown on teleport - or nerf teleport. Either.

I am in full support of these changes - and hope to see a more diverse set of builds as a result of them. BOTD in 1handers is complete crap next to Grief - awful. Dreadful. Not really an option at all.

As i always say - why not just do it for 1 ladder and see how it pans out? Themed ladders are the way forward.

3 Likes

The simplest solution is to revert back to patch 1.09d which had the best balance.

3 Likes

you could make it two-handed axes only. lose the blocking and dual wield.

1 Like

I was going to type that Grief in 2handers would render it completely useless as a runeword. But that flat damage is so so strong that it probably wouldnt.

1 Like

could probably add some more two handed weapon. what about two handed maces. the two elite maces take a ton of strength to wield. and could need some love.

going to vote big NO to spirit nerf. it was introduced as a good low tier and should stay as such.

1 Like

Agreed and updated OP by adding multiple options to nerf Enigma by removing the strength bonus or defense buffs as you mentioned. One of these options should be acceptable…

Enigma

• Remove +45% FRW and give bonus to Chains of Honor runeword OR…
  • Remove Damage Reduced By 8% and give bonus to Stone runeword OR…
  • Remove +0-74 To Strength and give bonus to Strength runeword OR…
    • This would replace +20 To Strength
  • Remove +1-99% Magic Find and give bonus to Splendor runeword
    • This would replace +20% Magic Find
1 Like

too bad they dont have a thumbs down button lol, you see a few clicks on there hearts but if they had a thumbs down option on here.wowzers lol, you wouldnt like it to say the least.

2 Likes

I respect your opinion but think this would be a huge step in the right direction for the game by fostering player choice.

1 Like