Nerf Smite - Most OP skill in gaming history

Hands down one of the most OP skills in both PvP and PvM, yes even more than hdin, which is quite frankly near useless in competitive PvP.

Smite has massive damage, stun, always hit AND cannot be blocked, not to mention if opponent tries to run, charge to the rescue which maintains defense unlike running. Also can be used while teleporting, unlike for example Fury.

Need to at least remove the stun from
It, also for those that don’t know, after smite stun, ANY kind of dmg gets you into FHR, hellfire torch for example, as if it wasn’t OP enough already.

Nerf Smite, either remove stun or make it blockable.

5 Likes

Never thought I’d see someone asking to nerf smite… Just sounds like you need to get good.

5 Likes

Smite is fine lol. It actually allows for great smite foh stomp combo. And smite in 1v1 is struggling against most top tier classes.

Anw, dno why you qqing about stun when 2.4 will destroy stunlock XD

2 Likes

There is a reason smite is banned in GM melee… of course smite isn’t super great against casters, but it is still good with charge and teleport

1 Like

It’s a 1 point wonder that can kill Ubers, I think the fact that it ignores defence is fine but at least have it blockable.

5 Likes

Smite isn’t even OP in PvP, if anything it’s the sin that is.

1 Like

Mmm not sure what game you are playing, but every single pvp game has smiters, and it isn’t because they are bad…

2 Likes

OP SKILL? imagine going through the game with that single target skill. Have you even played it just using smite? I think not.

2 Likes

It would definitely work, it not an aoe spell, it clears the highest end PvE content in the game really easy, ubers. In PvP ignoring defense and block is a big deal, not to mention the stun.

what? life steal does not work on smite, only life tap. Smite only is not viable to get through the game, its generally an end game skill. You would literally be draining health pots every area level during play through. Give it a try to know

2 Likes

you can also make a cheap zealer, cheap druid, cheap kick sin to clear ubers really fast.

1 Like

what GM melee duels are you talking about? I’ve never seen a VT pal being banned.

They are dedicated melee builds. You can have a hammerdin with 1 pt smite and 1 pt fana that clears Ubers. A caster with 1 point wonders outdoes dedicated melee classes in Ubers doesn’t look right to me.

1 Like

with what kind of gear?

Stack res, crushing blow and get something with life tap. Now you’ve converted a hammerdin to a ubersmiter with minimal effort. Wanna kill even faster swap over to grief to finish them off. I don’t mind if fully geared Smiters are stronger than other melee, but the fact that 1 pt in smite competes with full melee builds isn’t right.

4 Likes

But you still need some pretty good gear to be able to pull that off, we’re not talking about just using black, gface, 4os pal shield with 4 diamonds, gangel, goblin toes, dracs.

All you really need is stacked res to tank mephisto, with life tap you won’t die. You could still go pretty budget, you won’t be fast as a real smiter, but your speed will definitely be comparable to other melee…after they fix the bug with dragon talon. The difference is in the AR requirement, a 1 pt fury druid will never hit the Ubers. I get that the ITD is a feature of smite but maybe make it less accessible to 1 pt wonders. Smite starts out slow like impale but after you invested 10hard points in it, you hit a faster BP.

This part is my own personal opinion, I’m fine with the ITD but I see no reason why it should be unblockable as well. Bugged dragon talon is brutal in pvp right now with the stunlock. It does way less damage than smite and it’s getting nerfed to the ground in the new patch.

1 Like

Ah so it is time for Blizz to start balance for the sake and glory of PvP only. Where all of the skills are changed just for that only.

1 Like

I think you should read my comments. The problem isn’t with smiters being the best melee, there has to be a best build that’s just reality. The problem is that a non smiter build with 1 point in smite can compete with dedicated melee builds, for examples Ubers.
There’s 2 arguments, first is to nerf op skills a little to bring it in line with other comparable skills. 2nd is to bring the other skills up in power. Truthfully I prefer the second option, I really love bugged dragon talon but I think most other people probably feel it’s op melting Ubers in 10 seconds.

1 Like

My comment is what this thread is all about. Where the balance changes should be entirely focused for the sake and glory of PvP only. Where we actually bought a PvP game thinking it is a PvM focused game. At least that is what you and others like you are wanting.