Need some help designing an enchantress without enchant:

So, there have been a lot of new meta build ideas out since the launch of the latest patch. The sunder charms open up a few ideas, but most of them require very high-level gear to achieve. I had an interesting idea I have been waiting to try since 2.4 and a fire sunder charm might just make this possible to work. The idea I had here was building an enchant sorceress without spending any points in enchant. Let me walk you folks through it.

The melee sorceress has been a long known off meta build. Basically, you run enchant as your primary skill. 20 hard points in enchant, warmth and fire mastery paired with around +15 to 20 to all skills will yeild about 400% increased AR and 6k fire damage to your attack. The two main draw backs to this setup are that the sorceress isn’t particularly designed for for melee combat having very low hp and starting strength and dex compared to other kits. Likewise, it doesn’t always work out as nearly 40% of the hell difficulty is immune to fire meaning you would have to have another damage type to deal with them. However, this is often fixed by running one or two dream rune words to get the holy shock aura and pair it with lightning mastery. Nice, if you have 2 jah runes sitting around, but I don’t. So, I wanted to explore possibly a combat optimized enchant sorceress on a more budget approach. Perhaps using a sunder charm.

So, the main crux of the build would be the following skill point distribution.

20 warmth
20 fire mastery
20 frozen armor
20 energy shield
1 static field
1 teleport
telekinesis the rest

One of the builds I did this time around was a rift assasin and I am using and act 3 fire merc for his enchant ability. With a hexfire shamshir, +3 enchant oramus’s robe, flickering flame, and an ethereal spirit monarch. At level 88 he has level 43 enchant. Which normally adds about 400% AR and 300 to 350 fire damage to everyone’s attack. The plan here would have one of him around in order to enchant me. Then have my warmth and fire mastery level buff up the enchant from him getting my damage quite high. However, this frees up an extra 22 skill points to spend elsewhere since I don’t need enchant myself. The idea here would be to max out my def with one of the cold armor skills and then stack it with a very powered up energy shield to further mitigate damage. After all, aside from teleport, static field and frozen armor I don’t need to cast any spells. So, mana is just a second life bar after that.

I would likely be using a flickering flame hat myself for the -15% enemy fire resist along with something else that does that too. My damage would all come from my attack and the resist fire aura would counter the - fire resist from the sunder charm. I was wondering what else the community might recommend rounding out this build.

If you plan to have high def why do you choose Frozen Armor and not Chilling Armor?

I put your build in maxroll and the damage will be lacking. The mercenaries enchant does not profit from your skills. You just get a high AR boost and tiny fire damage added.

I don’t think 20 warmth point can be used as synergy if enchant came from a3 merc.