Need Help: Blizzard Sorc

I’m kind of terrible to begin with and need help with my Blizzard Sorc. I’m stuck in Act 2 hell unable to get past Cold Immune mobs. I’m level 72 and my gear isn’t that great.

I have maxed Blizzard, Glacial Spike and 12 in Cold Mastery. I have 9 in Ice Blast and I ended up putting a lot of points in Lightning to help, but it hasn’t helped. I have 10 in Chain Lightning, 1 in Lightning Mastery and 1 in Static Field.

I try to hide behind my merc, but it doesn’t go to well with me trying to static field everything.

Any suggestion? Should I respect Blizzard + something else? I can’t skip some of these as I really want to play through the game. Thank you.

Use Hydra or Firewall as 2nd source dmg, that’s all.

1 Like

But be prepared to die multiple times when you encounter Fast double immune mobs. Fun, fun, fun - not. Even with Lower Resist wand on swap, it doesn’t always work, and I’m thinking Infinity is similar (seen some posts saying so, and I’m inclined to believe them since my paly’s conviction at lvl 20 doesn’t always work against these highly immune vs just barely immune).

I was having the same problem as you, then I respec’d to Frozen Ord/Hydra, but the double immunes, esp extra fast ones in tight spaces slow you down. And I guess the way to deal with those is to swap out merc gear and feed potions or to restart game and hope the map doesn’t spawn another double immune.

1 Like

honestly i would respec to orb/hydra hybrid build, especially since you’re still in the 70’s levels. no trash mobs are double immune, only super uniques, the mobs that have minions around them. frozen orb lets you get up to appreciable levels of damage output with less points than blizzard, since it only has one synergy. blizzard sorc really hits a wall with cold immunes, and lightning needs more points to be useful than you have to spare putting points into all of blizzard’s synergies.

with orb/hydra, you always have SOMETHING to hurt single immunity mobs, and you can clear out the minions and let your merc kill the unique pack leader monsters. you can always spec back to blizzard build later when you get better gear like infinity polearm for your merc.

1 Like

What do you mean stuck?
You have to kill only 2 mobs in a2 to go through the act.
As a sorc, you just tele over everything and do the quests

1. skip all the cold immunes
  2. respec for better talent distribution. maintain ur pure-blizzard class tho imo.
    3)work on getting stronger merc gear- higher base insight; treachery, etc.
  3. work on ur gameplay- positioning, freezing mobs when you can, teleporting ALOT, healing your merc with Shift-potion

i wouldn’t worry about act 4/act 5 until you’ve farmed meph for alot of base gear, but people do their own thing.

If you got time and feel no need to rush, just level on NM Tzones, until you hit lvl 75.
Then just take any cold sunder and you are good to go :slight_smile:

That’s what I did and everything went well with blizz.

I got a -88 cold sunder to spare.
Lmk when you need, will give it out for free to you.

Edit: haha, didn’t see, that this post is super old :smiley:

1 Like