Necro 2.5 balance changes

You can hit it with Necromancer wands and heads, as they have a chance of getting a +3 Summon skills/+3 Iron Golem and Golem mastery, which is essentially a +12 into the investment. You also can find a +3 ammy. The point is, in the end, the investment is so huge, the payoff is absolutely terrible for what the role of the minion to literally be a ‘super minion’.

Oh, and side note, the defense rating on IG is pretty bad. at level 95, and with a 56 golem, even if you used the best defense loadout (Ethereal Sacred Armor with Stone runeword), and have a kitted out merc to boost his Defiance aura, it comes out at 31,235 defense. Now this is solid for Nightmare, and tilts boss fights in hell a bit in your favor, it’s not nearly enough to keep it alive for ubers, not even including the issue of the lackluster Resistances from Stone/Summon resist combo.

So combined all of this, as well as the terrible bug that occurs with IG being lost if you run off too far, you have a terrible minion that shouldn’t be touched at all, you’re better off just going CG and gain the benefit of a 1,000+ hp/sec, 60k minion and just slap thorns on it and call it a day. At least then, you can just recast CG if he gets bugged out.

Buff Mages 10x and only allow the summoner to have only 15-18 skeles at once (mages or melee) + w/e revives.

Skely elemental archers sounds cool. All of them physical + random elemental dmg on top. Maybe you won’t even need CE anymore. That would be nice. Because necro builds are basicly CE whit summons/poison/bone skills, and it’s getting quite boreing.

2 Likes

agreed

IG has always needed some tweeks, but it already carry over games

agreed

agreed, a higher lvl skill should be better than a low lvl one

that is just not true, decrep can be buffed after mid lvls (10+) and most ways to get it will remain untouched
lawnbringer (decrep lvl 15) on the other hand could use an indirect buff as it isnt anywhere near meta for melee

and my frenzy barb does over 20k dps…whats your point?

i respect into summon/poison nec to have a more active playstyle and its working great

I know but if you realy want to make an edge you use CE. It’s the bread and butter of all high performing necro builds.

i know CE is great…but it falls behind after p1 and most of the time i played d2lod was offline with /x command

Yes i’m aware of that too, but still it’s one of the core foundation you build your character on. It eases the leveling part of the game so much you can’t get past it. Sepcialy playing solo.
I just want to drive away from this part. To have an option that is almost as good.

dont get me wrong, im not trying to sell that you dont need anything else with Pnova…i really think the bone tree and poison dagger needs more buffs to make a magic nec and a melee nec viable

For a melee nec you’ll want more AR on Pdagger, and/or one of the curses give you AR buff whlie active on enemies. And Poison Dagger should be called Poison Blade, so any weapon can get the poison dmg and AR bonus. Maybe even IAS buff too.

i dont really think that is needed because of durations. but ar buff probably is. i think a lvl 45 p dagger gives you a factor of 10x to ar. but a necro without any source of ar only has something like 130 ar. i mean if you went for maxblock it might be higher.

Well if you realy want a melee necy, you’ll want max block. Specialy if you use Medusa that procks LR for you, which is very helpfull.

Think one biggest reason few use skeletal mages is how awful they are at path blocking in tight spaces without means of teleport, then yah damage is not too great. But think would been better to double or triple damage and drastically reduce numbers you get to like 1 first point put in then maybe like one extra each 4 points in so you have to go deep to pull some hard damage from it.

If damage is just buffed it will be another one point wonder like revives, where you’re not really require to invest any large amount of points into it for the extra damage. Think necromancer be too strong if you can get away with spending almost no points to have extremely high damage and survivability.

Would wish they reduce synergies for bonespear and bonespirit, find it absolutely garbage you’re having to spend so many points into maxing damage, when it doesn’t even come near that of competing classes.

Rather they add synergies to corpse explosion instead since it’s most unbalanced part of necromancers and pretty much one kill wonder most them time when first couple enemies goes down. Then up tune other skills instead so it doesn’t become all about corpse exploding everything in sight.

How about just adding another summon? Skel Archers? Take away revives or something. I recently redid my summoner, and maxed skel mages out. I was impressed. I use full trangs, marrowalks, arm of king leoric, summon GC’s, +3 summon ammy …

My skels, mages, skel mastery, and summon resists is maxed out in hard points plus skill points. I walked to and killed hell Baal w/o using any curses. I use an act 2 might merc with obedience. I was shocked at my walk-along and at how powerful the mages/skels were. I have 16 of each and they kick butt. Skel mastery at like level 45, skels 44, skel mages 43, summon res is at like 72%. They are tough.

If I fully use my entire summon tree, with me, merc, golem, and summons [mages, skels, revives] … there’s like 57 of me in the game. That’s an army!

I whack on Dclone with a hammer with PMH, let my army loose w/clay golem and decrepify and Dclone goes down with ease.

I honestly don’t see any real need to buff anything on a necro-summoner.

Honestlyn, people just want a seperate build where skely mages are the main source of dmg. But I woulds also just rework 2 skills. Poison Dagger to be Poison Blade, so any bladed weapon can be used whit the skill, or make it a Poison Enchant. The other one is Poison Explosion, that should spread like Rabies.

1 Like

cold/lite/fire dps is 25x the dps of a poison mage

magic tree is very subpar

half golems have 0 incentive to be used

revives dmg dont scale well and have no use besides CB

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing skeletal mages having a max number of 4

Able to get one of each element if wanted.

But buff the individual skeletons

1 Like

72% Summon resistance is a joke in Hell. Your skellies only have 4.5k health and the skelly mages would only have 1.2k health, the problem with Baal is that his main source of damage even in Hell is his melee attack, which is able to kill your skellies, but you have so many, he has to go through them one at a time. Combined with Clay Golem’s slow, it’s always going to be a problem with him killing them. The main threat to summoners isn’t bosses, though depending on where you let loose Dclone, your army would pop if he used Pink Lightning as you were entering his zone, and even with the melee group in, the ranged would no doubt be popped, what with the 500% increase damage to summons.

So no, the main issue with Summons is:

Summon resist investment is too low and needs to be far better, a 3%/level at level 9 and up because without it, your army is useless against Act4/Act 5 conviction mobs, mainly burning souls, but another candidate is Act 3 Conviction Travincal group.

Most of the golems are downright useless, Blood Golem is bad, Iron Golem is even worse due to intense investment and high risk because of said mobs and Doom Knights, as well as being hard locked from Ubers.

Fire Golem is okay, though probably needs a small HP bump.

skele health is much lower lol…45/45 skele probably has 1.2k health definitely not more than 2k

Check out the Necro Pet calculator online.

unless they changed something that they didn’t mention within the updates, this is safe to calculate with.

1 Like

I say this, because on hell my skeles who are melee at lvl 42 mastery/40 skele have around 1k health or 1.1k health. their health is fairly low compared to wolves for example, probably due to number? but yeah they def dont hit 4k health lol