Nearly 20 Years as Druid Shapeshifter, Now Ruined

I understand and support wanting to provide more information on tool-tips, and potentially reworking things that a player has no way to know without deep digging on the internet. I think the intentions were good, as it seems aimed at allowing a greater variety of weapons while shapeshifted. It’s just that the current implementation misses the mark. I think adding an explicit IAS to the WB and WW skills is needed.

2 Likes

It is called Public TEST Realm. This is the test you are talking about. They do all this shiit because they are not sure about the changes and let it proof by players. If they were sure, they would have skipped the PTR altogether.

And this don’t have to be the final Version, thats why it is important to formulate your concerns so the devs can react to that. Please accept the PTR as dialog between players and devs and as a way to communicate.

I like the approach to make it more in line with the rest attack calculation but you are all right that this shouldn’t be nerf in the end.

1 Like

Did we read the same post from the Community Manager? First they didn’t sell it as a overall buff (they clearly say it nerfs fast weapons) and i don’t see where they blame the players.

I would just wait what they mean with this:

We will be looking at ways to improve the performance of the transformed Druid without sacrificing the benefits obtained from unifying the attack speed calculations.

d2r was my first experience playing a fury druid. It took me like 15 minutes reading a guide to figure out what was going on. I think this game should not be changed for noobies who cannot even be bothered to do some research on how their character works.

Might as well remove runewords because a new player would need to look them up too.

3 Likes

VV caught Blizzard’s bad habit of wanting to standardize everything… destroyed my favorite class a few games allow me to be a bear or a wolf, thanks for doing the opposite of said

I think VV had the right idea initially. They were just updating the graphics and adding some QoL features but leaving the gameplay intact. They seemed super obsessed with not trying to “fix” d2 and making sure everything still felt the same.

Now the game is being worked on by the d3 devs, not VV. The d3 devs should probably learn how to play the game before they try rebalancing… just IMO ofc, not meant to be mean.

They ruined fury druids so they deserve a little kick in the butt. Don’t be mean to doggos!

1 Like

How do you know it is being worked on by the D3 devs and not VV?

It was in one of those interviews they did after it was announced that VV was being acquired by blizzard. That is besides the point of this thread anyways, I didn’t mean to derail and if you want to debate further send me a private message.

A lot of these changes seem to be made by folks that have never played!

Yeah sure it looks good on paper for that promotion… or to stay “relevant”…

promote build diversity!!!

***kills build diversity

6 Likes

There are no benefits at all with this change for the players.

So i really really want to see how they think taking an attack from 5/8 on a shael stalagmite ricbcracker down to a slow as hell 10 fpa will ever be accepted by anyone.

“The quirky attack speed calculation was a poor player experience for those not in the know - in particular at lower levels of play without optimized weapons” … “especially weapons encountered at lower levels of play.”
this motivation makes me throw up, if I wanted a game without mechanics that I have to learn I would play d3

5 Likes

I absolutely cannot believe this is what is happening. Please tell me, who is going to make a shapeshifter? I guess people that want to harm themselves? One of my favorite classes is getting destroyed and it’s being labeled as getting “buffed”. This seriously hurts my heart

1 Like

This. I have only one character on live and he is werewolf druid. If this goes into live, I am off. Just cant see why I am playing the game

1 Like

I also have 20 years of XP as druid shapeshifter. And i think the change in mechanics is very good. Of course balance is another thing.

• Should mechanics/calculation be changed? YES. the current shapeshifter-specific ias calculation that requries a math masters degree to understand is ridiculous. with WIAS, SIAS, IAS, come on.
  • Should the druid become weaker in the process? NO. so maybe here some tweaks to be done.
6 Likes

I agree, but as both a Diablo II and Diablo III veteran, I have very little faith in developer’s balance acumen. For technical stuff, Blizzard is great. For balance…lol :wink:

my best guess is guy who fixed the wsg “glitch” got promoted and now fixed the shapeshift attack speed “glitch”

He keeps it up we might have a new lead dev for d3 on our hands.

2 Likes

big channels are posting about it now

3 Likes

This is the ultimate form of fury wolf

Zealing Druid in human form that attack in 6F, it’s uninterruptable, can teleport, and cast whatever elemental skills he wants

4 Likes

did they pay you to post it here?

1 Like