My PTR 2.6 Feedback to the devs

Hi, I appreciate the work and effort you are putting into the game. Like many others, I have some feedback and ideas after testing the new Runewords on PTR.

Mosaic

• A small UI element to track current charges is basically required now that this weapon adds randomness to charge consumption and counting is not even an option anymore. Visibility of charges around Assassin is insufficient and feels frustrating. A simple counter would suffice.
  • Why is the chance to not consume a charge so low? It seems like it will always force
    players to wear two Mosaics once commited to the playstyle. Would it not be more interesting to equip one well rolled Mosaic and a second different weapon of choice?
  • Why is it a fixed roll and not a roll range with a much higher ceiling i.e. 30-60% or even more? Re-rolling and shooting for that perfect one is fun for many people.
  • Also, why fixed +2 and not something like +1-4 to Martial Arts?
  • Maybe add repair mod or indestructible? Superior bases will be a pain to sustain in the long run.

Metamorphosis

• Many have reported this bug: Having an active Mark prevents non-shapeshifting skills to be cast, even in Human form.
  • Why not allow transforming from Wolf into Bear and Bear into Wolf without transforming into Human in between? This would synergize strongly with the clearly intended playstyle of a BearWolf Druid wearing this RW. I think it would be totally fine from a balancing point of view and feel good in combat. Effort, time and code restrictions are the only reasons I see not to implement or allow this.
  • The stats on the RW itself are good, but again: Why are all mods aside from Enhanced Defense deterministic? Please add some roll ranges and variance to impactful mods. Hunting for perfect rolls is a huge part of the game at its core, it adds longevity and excitement.
  • Why not allow Teleport & BO while being shapeshifted? I know this a bit off topic and a controversial topic for a while now. I think it would be totally fine from a balancing point of view, feel good in combat and elevate shapeshifting builds in comparison to other classes that are able to use these skills on demand. Effort, time and code restrictions are the only reasons I see not to implement or allow this. (Fantasy/Lore argument that Wolfs and Bears are not casters aside, I see you, but still)

Hustle Weapon

• Prebuffing with BoS is amazing, why is it only 5% though? IF this proc makes it into the game, it could be higher chance to make prebuffing or rebuffing in combat not as painful?
  • It provides a powerful alternative and strong buff for many builds mostly due to the skill IAS.
  • Why not make Hustle Weapon only about Movement Speed? +X Increased Speed as an OSkill could also work as an alternative to BoS if the IAS seems to strong?

Hustle Armor

• Why only +50% Movement Speed and not the same chance to cast BoS proc? Only to have something different or not have it stack? 50% MS is so much worse. Like pointed out by many others here: It will see almost no use ever if it stays like this because there are too many other good or better options at lower cost or easier to achieve.
  • Two ideas that I picked up from other community members and want to emphasize:
  1. Add a low amount of Teleport charges?
  2. +X Increased Speed as an OSkill could also work as an alternative?

Shael Io X Helmets

• Bulwark, Ground and Temper seem to have decent use cases already.
  • Ideas that I picked up from other community members and want to second:
  1. Hearth - Adding Cannot be frozen seems like a nice and logical addition to create actual use cases for this one.
  2. Cure - Low level Cleansing Aura instead of Poison Length Reduction seems like a nice and logical addition to create actual use cases for this one.

Thank you for improving the game and interacting with the community. Keep it up!

3 Likes