My offline characters are missing!

I just reinstalled D2R because I did a complete windows wipe and reinstalled D2R and my offline characters are missing, how do I restore them?

As stated I did a reset on my Pc lol

So why didn’t you back up your data? Where do you think offline files are stored?

You can try to use recuva. Maybe you are lucky. But tbh you clean your whole PC and ask where are my files? ROFL

Honey, I’m sorry to tell you, but your offline characters are stored locally on your pc drive. If you reset your computer without backing up your data, then your save files have been erased… There might be some ways to recover that data, but I’m not good enough for that. sorry man.

Cloud servers …just like in D3

Wow, you really don’t know anything about computers, do you. Well, I guess you learned a lesson hopefully.

If you want your game files to be saved on Blizzard’s servers, then you have to play online.

In OP’s defense, the weird system in this game of having to login to BNet in order to play an offline character could confuse some people into thinking exactly that.

Still no excuse for not backing up your data before wiping the HDD though. That’s just careless, ignorant or both.

1 Like

You only have to log in to validate the game. It’s an anti-piracy thing. Once validated, you can play offline for 30 days before you have to log in again. And how would anyone not understand what “offline” means?

Hi!
I bought this game and only play it offline. Yesterday, the power cord was accidentally unplugged from my pc and my offline character disappeared after a reboot. How do I restore?

Your character’s save game file is corrupted. Restore from your latest backup.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.