My god, queue for playing

I’m at a loss of words for this solution.

Edit::

Ok, here are the words that I lost, found them stuck at the back of my throat:

Summering all of this and why I’m complaining:

1 - 30 mins queue (on peak days… like… weekends… for a game where each games online has a session of gameplay for hours, this is NOT 5 minutes like Fall Guys or something like it btw)

2 -2 mins wait if you create a game that already exists (not your fault), try to join a full game (not your fault), misstype a game you already created (ah that case is " your fault! " I’m joking btw Ha! …omg the game wil disappear in a few mins! )

3 - game crashes from time to time (restart, queue again! Hope it wasn’t when a shako dropped eh haha)

4 - servers can crash while you’re playing and then it could have a rollback, cube and items disappear etc (never happened to me and apparently THIS item is… fixed? Maybe)

5 - now let’s just say you have 7 other dear friends from old times that all have families now and all want to play on their free time which is… saturday morning… and they all… Have to wait in queue. NICE!

Ah now I won’t ever complain about dying from lag anymore we have bigger problems.

I think it’s mandatory to have a grace period of at least 5 minutes to rejoin the server without a queue when you leave/disconnects/anything for whatever reason. That way disconnects/crashes/etc won’t penalize you.

292 Likes

edit: nm, I see this is a new patch and no mention of a temporary nature.

8 Likes

its to stay for good, no mention at all of it being temporary + its blizzard, expect a 30s game creation timer in next patch :smiley:

10 Likes

I’m an IT engineer. Half the time when something is temporary, it stays in place for years. Don’t ever believe it when an engineer tells you something is temporary. I am guilty of this as well.

85 Likes

pretty disappointing, but can’t say I’m surprised.

23 Likes

BUY SOME MORE SERV ERS BLIZZ!!! YOU TOOK OUR MONEY!strong text

80 Likes

Blizzard has lost the last vestiges of trust with me on this release. It was clearly a cash grab, with the most minimal effort put in, so they could get as much money day 1 as possible. Feels like the devs from Bless are running this game.

59 Likes

“Nothing more permanent than a temporary fix”

28 Likes

They said they would have a queue at a certain level triggered, and they will increase the threshold for queue trigger as they resolve the bottleneck issues.

Expecting lots of queue tomorrow morning and hopefully they can find where the servers are being overloaded and resolved fast So that eventually there are no more queues.

Maybe a couple months :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i prefer queues to full on server crash and rollbacks.

im glad the game is popular :slight_smile:

19 Likes

The original release had a que for a time if im not mistaken. It was never very long. Some other game i played once i swear i sat in que for 5 mins plus. Cant recall the game though

3 Likes

What about asking for a real solution wich is and only can be increasing the server capacity? Your conformism is as disgusting as the own blizzard incompetence to handle their server issues.

26 Likes

Hahaha very true. Only time will tell.

1 Like

well if you cared enough to read the sticky you’d see that it’s not what they consider acceptable - its what they have to do for now.

you prefer when nobody can play and items are lost left and right to rollbacks?
its a good step in the right direction - and not the last.

you can find better things to be mad at, crashes for example :wink: or the terrible lobby.

5 Likes

They simply need to get more / better servers. I hope this is a temp solution. D2lod worked fine with more players and games on it.

6 Likes

15 minute queue at 6.30 am for UK. Hate to see how long the queue is at ‘peak’ time.

25 Likes

It’s not more servers. It’s the architecture of how the databases work, and they used old code from the original game for some pieces.
The old pieces are having issues with the amount of people, and need to be completely modernized.
Mixing an old game and a new one is in a lot of ways harder than a brand new one.

5 Likes

you realise d2lod has more users/games right?

4 Likes

8 in the morning position in que 30??? Is that even realistic?

10 Likes

I know this may be hard to understand, but it isn’t 8 across the entire world right now.

5 Likes