My Characters are gone!

My Diablo 2 characters are completely missing. I’ve tried restarting the game, restarting my computer, switching between offline and online tabs, and nothing has fixed the issue. I’ve got probably 100ish hours into a character, and the character is completely gone (Zamod is the name). I also have a lvl 1 assassin that’s missing (Zamid I believe is the name) that I created but haven’t really used yet. Also, it won’t let me create a new online character…

I was simply playing as usual, and went to identify items with Deckard Cain (in Act 2 of Hell), when the game told me it was waiting for a transaction or something like that. Then, the game crashed, and when I restarted, everything was gone. No characters and no ability to even create new online characters.

Update: Now, it says that I can’t connect to the server. Hopefully all it is is a simple server issue. Will update if things are fixed

Hope that you got your character back. Some don’t… and it’s heartbreaking. Should you be among us who don’t get it back… Here is what blizzard told me.