Move these new mechanics to charms from BiS items

Instead of killing item diversity by making new BiS gear like Mosaic which is boring AF. Better just move these new mechanics to charms if skill balancing is still too hard lol.

My suggestion: add new unique charms dropping only on TZ (like Sunders) with new skill mechanics eg:

1. Phoenix Strike - finnish moves no longer consume charges;

2. Tiger Strike - duration increased to 15sec per charge and finnish moves consume only one charge;

3. Frozen Orb - CD decreased to 0.5sec, range increased by 30%;

4. Fire Ball - size increased by 100%;

5. Fire Bolt - piercing added;

6. Hydras - FireBolts changed to Fire Balls;

7. WhirlWind - get perm max speed (cl mechanic)

8. Barbs Masteries - eth weapons no longer lose durability

…and etc etc etc

This way is ez to balance skills in mid/end game w/o making them too OP in early game, also this charms would improve charm diversity a lot.

Please stop trying to fix D2 just like it’s D3 or D4 (see legendary powers).

No new silly mechanic needs to be contained in an item, so that to play a particular build you need a specific item, or nothing.

For mosaic: it has a huge list of bad things to address that should be easier to delete it than work around, but if one would fix that we need to:
1- move the -xx% to not consume a charge from the item to the skills
2- fix a cap on how many charges you can’t consume (i would suggest 2)
3- make it easier to understand what are the level of charges active and stop the christmas tree effect
4- imodify the skills to increase the timer when charges expires in order to reduce the schizophrenic way of playing it

Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Better charms than items, one charm has less impact than item. I preffer sacrifice one charm [from 9x the same +1 to tree) and wear whatever I want than just be forced to wear dual Mosaic or something else lol.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

I prefer not to have those random crap mechanics in any way.

as for current game state we have too many “goodies” in game.
they should start with removing TZs, sunders, nerfing mosaic
then (in same patch) change exp brackets so we benefit from killing enemies up to 13/14/15 levels from us (that way we can farm any area lvl 85 for exp all the way to 99).

after they fix the part that they’ve butchered we can talk about stash tabs/character slots limits - it should be microtransaction the same way as it is in guild wars 1 so $10 per stash tab, $10 per character slot per account.

then when they have more money from those that want to support, we can talk about further changes. As for now, they have no reason to do anything in this game. regardless of changes botters will rebuy accounts on promos, regular gamers don’t buy accounts anymore.

good changes?
nothing changed since my post from Aug 2022:
Overall thoughts about patch 2.5 with some realistic solutions:

• Charm of Blessed Hammer
    • damage is increased by 150%
    • no longer get bonus from Concentrate

:]

And all resistance reduced by 150%, -75% chance to block, chance to instantly die when you exit town.

• Charm of Spirit
    • +5-7 to all skills
    • +1 to Teleport
    • +3-5 to Warmth
    • -75-100 to @res
    • -75-100% to block
    • -50-75% to mana

Ure welcome :]