Mosaic Update and Trap/MA Elemental Dmg Fix (Patch 2.6 Announced)

I agree, I have some mixed feelings about the affix; how it was implemented, what it does in terms of gameplay. But at least it seems like it could be fun, and we kind of have our own “grief” runeword now, for better or worse.

You could also charge up Blades of Ice to compliment it. It doesn’t have has much range, but it still brings some extra damage, especially at 6+ attacks per second and no NHD getting in the way

Yea, I’m excited to mess around with it in Single Player as well, should be fun to see what works

Will definitely try that !

yeah running single element builds on assassin might be fun :slight_smile:

only thing i was wondering about is on the : Meteor Phoenix Strike + Wake of Fire/Inferno build.

won’t putting wake of fire with 4 frame NHD in the fire build ruin some of your damage out put, if multiple skills hit the same target at the same time?

or have i misunderstood next hit delay, do it only work for next hit on “that one skill” or “any skill”?

So just to clarify, with dual Mosaic, the fact that PS will use only the charge currently obtained (lvl 1 - Meteor, lvl 2 - Chain Lightning, lvl 3 - Chaos Ice Bolt), then if you have 3 charges of CoT for example you will unleash only Charged Bolts and never Novas. Right?

Also, Gul rune just became more expensive now :slight_smile: Mals will be in high demand though…

You almost got it. NHD only affects other skills with NHD and this is shared amongst all classes. A monster that is in NHD invincible frames, will not take dmg from any skill you or any other player uses that has NHD.

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Missile#Next_delay

Wake of Fire is the only thing with NHD in that combo, so only shots from other WoF sentries would be cancelled. Your meteors would still deal full dps all the time

1 Like

Nope, not quite. Let’s say you had 3 charges of CoT and 2 charges of Phoenix strike. You would release:
A nova, charged bolts, and your claws/kicks would have charge 1’s lightning dmg from CoT. And you’d also release a chaos lightning storm on top of all that.

All this occurs with every single hit and the charges won’t fade away until you stop attacking for 15 seconds. You could add in more charges if you wanted, and they’d all go off at once.

I’ve just thought to something bad concerning a potential future fire martial build, with Fist of fire and Phoenix Strike meteor. With dual claws, assuming you hit both hits, you get 2 charges per use so technically it wont even be possible to get only 1 charge for PS and spam the meteor. And obviously if you wear only 1 claw and a shield then you dont have 100% chances to not consume charges so the build isnt even possible this way. It’s late for me and I’m tired so maybe I’m missing something but I’m afraid not.

Only solution I can think about is to build the one charge with your secondary equipment, so let’s say with your CtA but first, it will be annoying to have to do that all the time (because in practice there will be many times where we lose the charges), and second, I’m not even sure if PS is usable with something else than a claw. I think yes but not sure to remember correctly

I’m firmly in the camp that the skill tab gameplay fix should be in the skills themselves, not gated behind a specific runeword.

That said, to engage with one point from the OP:

You can work around this by going to your weapon swap to spend down charges.

2 Likes

Tiger strike, cobra strike, and Phoenix strike only swing one weapon and charge 1 stage at a time, so won’t have any issues with this. Only FoF, BoI and CoT swing both weapons

Good call on weapon swap to spend, didn’t think of that. And I agree, I hope they don’t make a habit of Mosaic like affixes and runewords.

If they were dead set on Mosaic having that affect, maybe they could have met us halfway and implemented it like the Amazon’s Pierce:

• claw mastery has a chance to not consume. When maxed out and a ton of + skills, make it possible to get something like 90-100%
  • leave it on mosaic, but at somewhere between 25-33% chance to not consume

Make it possible to hit a very high/100% chance to not consume naturally, but items make it easier to achieve if you want to use them.

There’s a ton of ways they could have done it, but alas, this is where we’re at. Might as well theorycraft the best we can with it

Damn that’s very true. And I played PS way more than the rest what a shame lol. But most recently I played CoT so my mind stayed on that 2 charges per use. Was definitely tired but really happy to be wrong, I really want to try a fire version too