Mist = The best PVM Bow

I don’t play hardcore so hard to say, but I would say that during some footage taking for one of my videos, I spent a great length of time trying to bathe in gloam attacks with no absorb equipped and it was taking more than enough time to get to where I needed to drink a red pot, and this was with 600 life and 80% lightning resist. This was against trash mobs, champions and unique packs.

Where as months ago, gloams were quite threatening and I would very much always wear a tgods in WSK.

I don’t think gloams hurt less but dodge, avoid and evade are a bit broken by now. To avoid the bug where a zon gets stuck in animation and can’t move anymore, developers removed the animation altogether. It means all of the d/a/e are triggered but you don’t see. It’s even more broken in PVP where a zon with no defense enhancing skills seemingly dodges everything. Still, there is a probability where d/a/e might not work in succession. I can’t gamble with that in hardcore :smiley:
Sorc, barbs and other chars are hurt just as much as before by gloams. My ladder javazon was doing WSK2 to Baal run:

She was OP before the sunder mechanics. After, she became bonkers without the need of infinity. I run around with razortail in CS and thundergod’s in WSK2-3. I never go to cows because they are not worth it IMO.

1 Like

I’ll have to try it without any dodge skills spent then. I just remember a stark difference between now and how it was months ago. There was a known bug with gloams where they do lightning damage based on their physical melee damage numbers. I suspect that is gone now.

1 Like

i’m a little late but i tested now myself every combo that exist.

TL:DR WF(ohm)+Merc with might and Pride are the Best combo, im only lvl 84 ama but over 8,2k MS dmg and 12k Arr. 95% Ias over 1k life . And can more than p1…

Faith is faster, and hits more often but, i like "one shot "things instead of 2-3 arrows.
Btw Faith Bow gets more dmg from 45Max/45Ias Tiara

Windfore likes the 117/45Ias Tiara more.

Faith Merc and WF Bow are also bad, because half fg the time you dont have the aura.

And Mist, well for me not so good.

Btw, i still cant log in with firefox anymore.
wtf??

I just made a 370 mist with lvl 12 conc and 3 bow skills GMB. I’m extremely tempted to try this out. Looking at some planners, it does appear the mist setup is at least comparable, and possibly even better than the other setups in practicality, especially not having to rely on merc. I achieve max speed with hustle bow on switch, which seems extremely easy to keep the BoS up.

Someone push me over the edge lol

So, after some testing and more investing into ama i have to say i was wrong.

Faith GMB+Pride/Merc is best Combi

LvL 89
Str till GMB
Rest Dex

Str 108
Dex 518
Vita 53 —>1177 Life Mana
Ene 48---->442 Mana

Good Res

MS Dmg 5056 ( no merc) 6756 with merc, no psn dmg charms
Ms ARR 30276

Before tweaking WF was better, no after some Work Faith+Merc is better, even for pvm.
Sold my Mist after first test so cant say anything about it now.

Btw, but Faith still prefers +max dmg instead of %ED helms

1 Like

Are you sure Faith is better than Windforce for damage? For damage you say? I’ve played Faith for a long time, I just love this build, but now i’m wanting to make a Windforce focused build. At least in theory, seems like it does more damage. I’m thinking about Act1 merc with Faith.

Also, have done some researches, and seems that, for damage purposes, fullfill your inventory with 2-99 lightning damage small charms does more damage than 14 max damage, even with Faith build, that have the 3 auras and lots of Dexterity. They’re very very rare, worth something link a 3/20/20, but still, in theory, deals more damage.

Faith on merc is bad.
Most of the time she is to far away and you only have half time the aura.

I really like to use teleport staff on weapon swap for physical bowazon, wich solves this problem.