Mist = The best PVM Bow

i know this is late reply, but have anyone tried Mist on self and Beast/Lawbringer on a Frenzy barb, i know we miss the Might but we get the speed and dmg from fana and Decrip from lawbringer, and one he winds up he is ok fast.

Havenā€™t tried this personally, but AFAIK the frenzy barb can only equip swords so equipping Beast is not possible. Even if you could, the aura range will be quite small and therefore you will not fall under the effect of Fanaticism often.

what a bummer, so guess its still Faith/Pride :frowning:

Or Windforce and Pride. Iā€™m posting a bunch of videos on my channel of different bow setups.

Check out the first one here. Over time, you will see all builds and their runs, and then later compared.

3 Likes

ty, will check them out

Interesting discussion. All I can say is Iā€™m running Mist with my hybrid Bowazon and itā€™s amazing. Frozen and strafe clears everything just fine. greatest bow? Not sure, but certainly does the job for me.
besides, cham was relatively cheap compared to stuff like Ber or Sur, so it was easy enough to trade for. It may be higher, but it seems itā€™s less popular, so cheaper. Good enough for me.
My hybrid is cruising in hell no problems. Still working on merc gear for better boss kills though. But I have my IK barb for that.

Ä° think you should also look at the dps/cost

Faith + pride would output more damage but the cost is much steeper then mist + reaper setup

Havent put in the numbers but seems quite obvious you will get a better performace/cost ratio with mist+reapers

So i think it looks like a very solid option for mid game until you can afford faith + pride

If weā€™re talking that ballpark budget range, you might arguably be better off using a Windforce in this case.

I have mist in a matriarchal bow and i can tell you this much it is far better than winforce. I dont know about faith because i never had one and the runes are expensive.

With this bow i can go to any zone and kill anything. Glooms lol with my res and slow missiles i almost feel sorry for the poor gloom.

0 pionts in pierce
Mavā€™s helm and belt covers lots of ias ,1 to skill from 2 piece , my only needed mana leech from belt, 20 frw.

Atamas amulet for those immunes

1player - 8 player , doesnt matter. Its a great runeword and worth cham gul.
Might act2 merc also , im having him use 900 damage obedience with 40 cb , seems to be woking very nicely.

2 Likes

My favorite MS/GA setup uses Mist with Faith merc, and high-level Valkyrie. P8 is no problem anywhere, excepting AS and Baal.

Hey man, really like this series!

1 Like

Cheers! I know youā€™re making a frosty at the moment. Check out my latest video released a few hours ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am happy about the late resonance. I was criticized here and on other forums for suggesting Mist as the ultimate hybrid zon PVM bow with hardly any drawbacks. I am glad the theory was successful in practice.

2 Likes

i have been tearing with,
helmet - andys
amulet - cats eye
Rings - wisp and a tri res
Boots - Nats
gloves - Dracs for life tap (i run cows) LOH when doing everything else
weapon - Mist on GM
I run Wrath as my secondary (for procing decrep outside of cows)

my merc is running Faith (hydra bow)

i maxxed strafe and most of guided arrow and maxed out frozen arrow and its synergies.

this is the most effective build ive ever witnessed on a bowazon in my life. I have made many many bowazons though my life (one that was max psn charms in inventory for pvp that was god tier) and nothing comes close to this build for PVM that i have ever witnessed.

the frozen arrows the decrep and the strafe in combo are essentially making it feel like im cheating

2 Likes

everything you said here before this item dropped is completely true while i made the build a little different than you this thing slams homie

2 Likes

Very cool thread and discussion, made me buy a Mist in nl

Respecced to cold/magic/multi and itā€™s actually pretty good in chaos. Nice bow!
Ice would be better strictly for cold but there are not many of those around in NL to buy, or are a much higher cost than Mist.

Itā€™s a bit of a mana intensive build, and kind of slow for bosses, Wrath with itā€™s decrepify proc as Demon said might help with this, but otherwise real fun to play, that cracking sound is addictive. Build feels tanky too

2 Likes

Good job on cold zon. Cold arrow is very mana heavy; I donā€™t use a faith merc to accelerate her to 7fpa, 8fpa with matriarchal bow are enough for me. Mist is very good because you can then wear arachnid mesh for more cold arrow damage and still keep 100% pierce. You arenā€™t limited to chaos sanctuary either, you could wear thundergodā€™s vigor and go to wsk2-3 while laughing at souls.
I have got a physical javazon in nonladder who I play with faith in PVP then respec and play her with a windforce and faith merc in PVM:

Thatā€™s an old video, she is much deadlier now.

1 Like

Fast, cool build. Man always uses everything he has on disposal, gg

that ber dropā€¦ letā€™s gooo!

I think I might get hold of an ice bow on nl today, wish me luck :smiley:

2 Likes

I guess you can wear tgods if you like, but Iā€™m finding that this is no longer necessary. After quite a bit of recent testing, I havenā€™t gotten souls to kill me quick enough at 75 or 80% light res. With mist, you should have enough survivability.

Would you try it in hardcore? :smiley: