Missing Final Cutscene

I’ve completed the Act 5 quests on Normal and Nightmare, receiving quest completion both times and unlocking the higher difficulties, but have not seen or unlocked the final cutscene either time. I’m playing on PS5. I spoke to Tyrael both times and believe he is supposed to spawn a portal, but none appeared anywhere in the room. Both times I killed the boss near the center of the room, which is near where Tyreal appeared afterwards both times, so suspect the portal may be appearing off the map or inside of the environment. I saved and exited both times and did not get the cinematic or other screen either time, but did get the other unlocks. How can I access this content?

4 Likes

the portal sometimes appear further down, toward the bottom of the room. Cool cinematic!
Also, you can simply watch them by clicking on cinematics in the main menu

Yeah, that’s the issue - the last cinematic does not appear in my cinematic list. The last one I have is “Search for Baal,” with an empty tile underneath presumably for the final cutscene. The portal did not spawn anywhere visibly in the room for me, I checked the entire space. As mentioned, I think it may have spawned inside of the environment (the crystal structure in the middle). I know I can watch the cinematic on YouTube, but would like to have a solution in game - as mentioned, I unlocked the titles and the next difficulty levels, just not the cinematic.

2 Likes

I have the same problem, but on PC. After Tyreal said he will open a portal, that doesn’t happen and the final cutscene does not unlock. I did open a town portal before speaking to Tyreal and I did cut his speach early, maybe this has something to do with it.

I restarted the game and defeated Baal on normal dificulty again, this time Tyreal didn’t show up at all.

3 Likes

Yeah, I tried running it after on Normal and Nightmare as well. Tyrael doesn’t seem to spawn at all after the quest is counted as completed, so that doesn’t seem to be a solution.

1 Like

im having the same issue on pc, no portal or last cutscene :frowning:

2 Likes

Same issue here on PC, server crashed before I could take the portal

2 Likes

That’s strange. Does it happen when you create the game yourself then kill baal, or when someone else creates a game and kills baal or both?
The portal always appeared for me I think. I imagine you tried to kill baal again in the same difficulty, the portal didn’t appear again?

Same issue for me. I have created a single player game and also tried with multiplayer game creation, still did not get a portal nor the cinematic in the list of cinematics. Any fix for this yet?

1 Like

I earlier reported the same problem. Now I finished the game on nightmare mode and this time the end portal did appear, but it was way off, somewhere in the lower part of the map. So at least for me the final cutscene did unlock. I then killed Baal again on nightmare, the portal was again not there. Maybe this is normal.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Single player offline game, normal difficulty on PC. I received quest complete for the final act 5 quest after defeating Baal the first time and it unlocked the higher difficulties. I actually saved and exited the game before entering the portal that Tyrael opens, now I am unable to unlock the final cinematic after going back and beating Baal again. Tyrael doesn’t appear so no portal. Wondering if this is intended or an oversight?

3 Likes

no for me it didnt appear either an thats exactly why you cannot click on the cinematic

what can one do to make this portal appear? I mean the other guy said on nightmare the same thing happened, tyrael was there but no portal… it really bothers me no to have the cinematic unlocked. probably just have to change a number in config file… should ve played the cracked version instead of paying 60 bucks for this servermess

1 Like

I have the same problem, It seems that since the game was launched, blizzard is not interested in fixing the bugs in this game

To be totally honest here… The most heated discussion is on topic of cinematics you can go and watch online on first youtube channel? People are loosing entire stashes, cannot create games and everyone is focusing on this?

I have the same problem. I’ve killed Baal twice and still Tyrael doesn’t appear nor the portal. It’s annoying. Please fix this!