Minor Fire Elementalist Druid changes in 2.5

Hi,

I have been playing with the fire dudu for some time now and I even got a few pretty nice gears, but I still think there should be some tweakings necessary in the fire skills. My wishlist would be this:

1. Firestorm:
  • Increase the area of the skill for each hard points spent on it, so at lvl20 it would be similar to Diablo’s Firestorm. Right now there is no real reason to use this skill.
  • The spell speed should be based on the FCR breakpoints. At 0 FCR the fire should spread slowly, but at high FCR it should fill the area fast(er).
  1. Molten Boulder:
  • The boulder speed should be based on the FCR breakpoints, similarly to Firestorm. At 0 FCR the speed should be like before the patch that made several changes in the fire tree. At high FCR the boulder speed should be around 2x-3x of the current speed.
  1. Volcano:
  • Casting delay should be reduced to 2 or 3 sec.
  • Its physical and fire damage could be increased by +15%, or the synergy bonuses could be changed from 16/12/12 to 15/15/15.
  1. Armageddon:
  • It should be properly centered around the druid. Right now it is like 2/3 to the top, so in order to get good enough clear speed we have to position the Druid below the mobs on the screen.
  • The rate of the meteors should come from FCR breakpoints. The higher the FCR the more often meteors should come from above.
  • Remove Fissure synergy and add the bonus to the skill itself. The duration bonus can be lowered to 1 second, but soft points should count as well.

Thanks for reading the list!

1 Like

I made a fire Druid this season. The damage feels really lackluster to me. I have him completely decked out and it just feels really slow. Even having my Merc use an Infinity doesn’t do much.

I like the play style but the damage is disappointing. It needs buffed.

I do not think it is weak, but it surely could benefit from FCR changes I mentioned above. Saying this by not having Infinity and -enemy fire res rws.
For bosses you definitely need a Merc with crushing blow, otherwise it can take a while to kill them, but the worst is Baal as he has ~500k life and 50% fire/phys immunity.

It would be good to know what the devs think about the Druid, because it feels like most players dont bother with this class (that makes the items I buy cheaper, but still… :smiley: ).

If you have 5 fire spells and anyway need merc with crushing blow looks like the fire druid still isnt good.

Armagedon misses often, fissure misses often, volcano cooldown way to much. You press a lot of skills and are slow anyway.

I wish the fire druid skills didn’t have any cooldowns. With cooldowns the build is too clunky and I’d rather play something else.