Mark of the Wolf/Bear

I appreciate what Metamorphosis brings, and agree that Shapeshifters need a buff, but I don’t think the Marks should be on the helm. Mark of the wolf/bear should be on Lycanthropy instead. The helm could boost the chance, or duration, or something, but the Marks should be granted by the skill rather than an item. The other perks on the helm still make it desirable for Shapeshifters.

1. It buffs the Shapeshifting Druids as desired.
  2. It can potentially also buff the other classes - but ONLY when shapeshifted.

Doing this may also help solve the bug with not being able to cast in human form. One last thing, as others have also requested; please allow teleport while shapeshifted and changing from wolf to bear and back without going through human form.

Thank you.

4 Likes

I think the issue with casting is - Likely a Coding error - not a bug per se.
The Druid/Character while under effect of the buff is still Flagged as being in X Form.
That needs to be fixed.

As far as using this item as a pre-buff: I’m indifferent. I’d love to see where people take it and what they come up with. Prebuffing is tedious for sure.
Honestly while people were thinking Barbarians…
My very first thought was a memory of my Enchanted Bear Sorc w/ 6 Shael PB. Way back…she was so fun in Chaos Sanc because she was effectively immune to OK’s casting of Iron Maiden as she did extremely small amounts of physical damage.

As always +1 to any mention of Freely Casting Spells in Wolf or Bear form!

1 Like

This is what I thought too. To clarify, I meant that the skill would be tied to being shapeshifted. It would be fixed in a way, because changing to human form would end the buff.

Totally got ya.
Kind of a - If there’s truly a bug or no solution - Make the buff drop-off when in Human form. Cast freely - shift & rebuff.

If they are keeping it tied to both forms vs blanket buff - it would be nice to be able to transition from one to the other - skipping reverting to Human.

It’s quite strange they separated the buff and tied them to specific Forms BUT allow for 100% buff if you switch to X form - Buff - then Y form ~ Main - Buff and you have both.

Your idea - without seamless transition from Wolf → Bear or Bear → Wolf will only allow this item and specific Buffs to be used STRICTLY for Wolf OR Bear as the stacks will drop off when you revert in order to change to the other Form.
It may turn out that way, who knows.

We need to choose as a community – do we want a prebuff item that’s available to every class (with the proper lycanthropy enabling gear), or do we want to buff the skills.

This item in its present form is an ANNOYING prebuff item. Annoying because of the multiple swapping/shifting required for a 3 minute buff (yielding possibly probably 2 minutes of playable time after you’re done juggling everything).

If we want a pre-buff item for all, make the duration at least 10 minutes (preferably more), and remove the impediments to pre-buffing and the glitches about teleporting, casting BO, etc.

However, as the original poster suggests, I too would rather see the benefits of these marks be specific to the lycanthropy state. I think the strength of both buffs being active at once is just fine – perhaps they could be combined as a unified buff to the bonus of the lycanthopy skill itself where you can scale up to arrive at these benefits at lvl 30 or lvl 35 lycanthopy, or have them show up as scaling synergies of the werewolf/werebear skills, based on hard points into lycathropy. This gives werewolves/werebears a more compelling reason to invest in lycanthropy itself as a skill, and removes all the prebuffing/swapping annoyance that this runeword creates in its present form.

With all that said, once you do this for the melee druids, give a bit of love to the other melee builds as well with similar buffs or synergies added.

3 Likes

It is the most un-fun build of all time. Constantly changing between wolf, human and bear is such a bad design. Instead of actually buffing wolf and bear…! It is so sad.

1 Like

against pre-buffs. CTA, HUSLE META…Batc?