Make this game soloable in hell

The game cannot be finished solo when this keeps happening:
I just spent over 20 games (Hell diffculty) trying to kill the countess and couldn’t.

I can deal damage just fine, the problem is she’s Double IMMUNE (Cold and fire) so It’s impossible to kill her.

Double IMMUNES shut it down and the only way to get around it is to remake the game and hope the enemy doesn’t spawn with double immunes.

There is no way hell is possible to solo with an ORB/Wall sorc.

Moderator: Edited title to remove Blizzard callout. Use of words like this to call attention to your thread is a violation of forum rules.

2 Likes

Hmm. I’m a pure cold sorc (Blizzard) and my merc lays the thump on Countess’s forehead every time. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

for cold & fire sorc I always have 1 point in static field. That way I can take down cold/fire immunes to 50% HP and rely on the merc to kill them.

1 Like

So 2 things here:

  1. Obviously there are more classes so it is soloable by other classes/focused

  2. I’m a bit rusty on Sorc builds but shouldn’t you still have Static Field?

Static Field a few times + Merc (A2, A5, or A1) are physical damage and can take countess down if you gear them decently well.

My Merc as a Necro essentially solo’d the last 25% of Meph the other day because my Revives disappeared

3 Likes

This is why I farm her with my trapper.

You can kill off everything else but her, static her down and let the merc finish it off.

Immunities are there so we need tactics. It stops the facerolling.

1 Like

This is hell were talking about, not normal or nightmare, Even though my current static field level is at 5 it does absolutely nothing to the health of anything in hell.

The hireling I had was dead within 10 seconds of taking on the countess. I revived it 6 times and finally just left it dead because It did nothing to her health bar. and except for a gold sink a hireling is completely useless.

Marked as trolling, mainly because you just keep making topics to moan about things. If you didn’t just fight with everyone I would find them more productive.

5 Likes

The only way around this is to keep remaking the game until she spawns without being double immune to my attacks

I also stopped listening to anyone that makes a claim about a hireling being able to kill things in hell, even when I played this game back before respec essence were a thing in the original D2, People were trolling people about hirelings making them out to be something they’re not just to get people to waste their time and gold on them.

This is a core element to hell mode. Instead of asking for things to be nerfed, ask others how they deal with them.

This won’t be changed.

2 Likes

The only people fighting is you guys, all I am doing is listing the results of what you all claim. It’s not my fault you say things that aren’t true.

Get a A2 prayer merc, use Trechery armor, the highest damage polearm you can get (I currently use Insight in a non eth Great Poleaxe), and a decent life leech helm. (Currently using Crown of Thieves)

Still not the best, but Sir Pokesalot is rockin’ it.

2 Likes

It’s already quite soloable in hell.

4 Likes

I run orb firewall and do ok vs countess… but I did make a woof Druid for the purpose of farming her. He absolutely rips those rogues up.

Well so far even in the original, telling people hirelings can do things and then having people on the forum make things up to make them look goog and usable, was going on then as well.

Telling people about hirelings is the exact same type of trolling people did to people on WOW. People would tell people to go off somewhere to find things like artifact power in places like Vashir full well knowing it was a lie.

And to make sure no one could expose others for trolling there was a dedicated group of people in place to discredit anyone that told people not to go there.

Instead of in the game, you’re just doing it on the forum, but it’s the same trolling tactic regardless.

ffs you again? are you in some kind of troll competition?

5 Likes

another thread which proves how noob randybigboy is -.- who knew

7 Likes

You all can say whatever you like, the facts are the facts and telling people hirelings can be sued the way you are is simply untrue and we both know that.

This is your second thread about being blocked in Hell because you can’t do things. The rest of us have offered solutions, we are playing the same game you are and we can get the job done. Perhaps try listening to some solutions and trying them.

Try making a different character and see if you can do any better. I farm her with a trapper. There are a bunch of Lit immune bow rouges in there but I can deal with them…it takes more than trying to bulldoze the game.

You all can say whatever you want, but the facts are the facts. We both know that hirelings don’t work the way everyone is pumping them up to be.

Again this is just a straight up trolling tactic that people did to players in WoW back when.

instead of in the game it’s on the forum, and instead of items it’s a hireling. The trolling going on is exactly the same though.

Yes, he is competing with his alt accounts for top troll.

5 Likes