Make it harder to get High runes

another day, another stupid post by Bugles.

Make more people quit the game, please! I don’t want the game to have a player base, at all.

This is fundamentally the summary of this thread.

I edited my forum preference since it just was too much…

Plays game 40+ hours a week.
Complains things are too easy to get.
:clown_face:

5 Likes

Hell, I was averaging 4 to 5 hours a day from launch to end of December, even including the little over a week I spent to finish the End Walker main story. I found 7 HRs, no trading for em. I made maybe a little over a dozen trades; mainly a few mid runes I needed, a Titans, a handful of set pieces, and a Dracs.

1 Like

geez…TS such a big troll…he’s being shown drop table and still keep on crapping

wasted my time reading 90 posts of a troll//replies to a troll

also contradict himself so much
“i hate trading make getting runes too easy “pig snort sound”, account bound is dumb…“more snorting”…” basicly he says he hate both the cheap way and the hard way to get runes

this one certainly deserve a vacation at a frozen barren beach :)…maybe with some angry pinching crabs along to give twice punishment

Can’t believe I missed this goldmine.

No one is falling for this :laughing:

Best geared cow farmers - death’s web, enigma, infinity, crafted caster ammy, arach’s, Titan’s, Griffons, etc - finding this many runes playing 20 hours a day for 4 days is one thing.

To start from total scratch and find this many runes, nope :laughing:

3 Likes

All good man.
Do what you want.

Yeah sure dude… Come on… Stop trolling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make up Qouts. You must be really mad kid. i hope you parents take away you internet privileged. Get out of ther basement, Breath some fresh air…

To add, it would not be credible to find 7 high runes at vex and above in the first 3-4 days of a ladder restart under the best of circumstances when playing solo and without trade. D2R launch was bumpy with login/getting kicked out of games/crashes. I am not sure how anyone could find that many items with all the game’s issues within the first 3-4 days under even with luck equivalent to winning the powerball and megamillions lotteries in the same week.

I replied with this to a fellow in PTR Feedback.

For as long as the game has two categories of items “the good stuff” and “utter trash”, then if drop rate of the good stuff is too low, than people will turn to botting or real money purchases.

Since its inception this game suffered from this weird dichtomy of being specifically set up to provide no items matching the difficulty setting they were found at. Which is why ‘Magic’, ‘Rare’, ‘Crafted’ and majority of set items are trash.

What needs to happen, in some form, is what I suggested in PTR:

If that does not happen, than nerf to rune drop rate will just make people more desperate for other means of getting their items.

LK runs were brutal on my wrist, but now with the hotkey options for quick-cast from keyboard, that might make them more viable now haha. With that said, it is not the most compelling way to earn them.

1 Like

Can you spare a high rune then? I’m pretty desperate for them- I’ve been grinding every night for 4+ months. No HRs…

Either you are wrong or I’m doing it wrong?

Where are you grinding and as who?

Hell Cows
Hell LK runs
Hell Worldstone Keep
and others (Chaos Sanctuary and such)

Are all really good places to find HRs. Keep in mind, runes are not affected by magic find. Go for lots of kills as fast as you can. They are definitely very rare, but 4 months (assuming you are playing more than an hour or two a week) is pretty astounding to find no HRs.

you can battle with tose who actually want alot higher drop rates .
Im totally fine with the current drop rate. its not easy to optain these runes but also not impossible

1 Like

Here’s the top rune dropping trash monsters in the game (Hell difficulty, players 1):

Top Zod Rune Dropping Monsters
Monster Area Drop Chance
Black Soul - willowisp6 (H) Worldstone Keep Level 2 1:1248427
Burning Soul - willowisp3 (H) Plains of Despair 1:1248427
Burning Soul - willowisp7 (H) Throne of Destruction 1:1248427
Dark Shape - wraith5 (H) Flayer Dungeon Level 1 1:1248427
Dark Shape - wraith5 (H) Flayer Dungeon Level 2 1:1248427
Dark Shape - wraith5 (H) Flayer Dungeon Level 3 1:1248427
Doom Caster - fingermage1 (H) Outer Steppes 1:1248427
Doom Caster - fingermage1 (H) Plains of Despair 1:1248427
Ghost - wraith6 (H) Crystalline Passage 1:1248427
Ghost - wraith6 (H) Frozen River 1:1248427
Ghost - wraith6 (H) Drifter Cavern 1:1248427
Ghost - wraith6 (H) Icy Cellar 1:1248427
Ghost - wraith6 (H) Halls of Vaught 1:1248427
Gloam - willowisp1 (H) Swampy Pit Level 2 1:1248427
Gloam - willowisp1 (H) Swampy Pit Level 3 1:1248427
Gloam - willowisp5 (H) Frozen River 1:1248427
Gloam - willowisp5 (H) Icy Cellar 1:1248427
Specter - wraith8 (H) Worldstone Keep Level 3 1:1248427
Storm Caster - fingermage3 (H) The Chaos Sanctuary 1:1248427
Storm Caster - fingermage5 (H) Worldstone Keep Level 3 1:1248427
Strangler - fingermage2 (H) City of the Damned 1:1248427
Strangler - fingermage2 (H) River of Flame 1:1248427
Strangler - fingermage4 (H) Abaddon 1:1248427
Wraith - wraith7 (H) Glacial Trail 1:1248427

(Silospens Drop Calc)

Yeah 1,248,427 sounds like a big number… But when you’re destroying them in droves, it makes the number seem a bit smaller.

Now, if they would just make it so all of the ghostly monsters drop their goodies on the nearest path when they die over an obstruction or non-path. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then just give it a break for a bit.
You could also consider being less aggressive and insulting in the forum.

so now you also bully people, who got english as ther 3 language. who lernd by watching tv and read on the internet…
You surly sit home in you dads basment. i fell sorry for you, you bad at a EASY game. And lie and make up random things. to make you self look good… It`s sad

Whatever you gotta do man.
It’s all about 3 things:

1. Pick up on the social queues when people are trying to tell you without saying it, that you’ve got a problem.
  2. Know when it’s time to stop and take a step back to reevaluate yourself.
  3. Remember how much better everything feels when you don’t resort to constant arguments and fighting. Remember it and use it as your fuel to not relapse.