Make Bold Move, Nerf Hammerdin

20 + years.
Twenty.
tad bit late to the party.
Love your ideas about many things - but this I strongly disagree with.

(-> insert You must be an HDin player assumption - No, for clarification I’ve played pretty much all there is to play and HDins are often very very late-game for me because in the past I DID run them so much.)
Players, for the most part, will always do 2 things:

1. Follow the path of least resistance to and in end-game
  2. Use the meta builds

You want to -

Then you create more diverse - yet not necessarily equal, but close, Optional Builds.
One possible method is removing Runeword Base-item restrictions. That’s antiquated.
Let us use Legendary Mallets and Flails and Axes as we see fit.
Another possibility is - Give Charge an AOE like Leap Attack has. I would main a ChargeDin in a hot second if there was incentive to run one.

Anyway - as I said: Your posts about items changes and many many various contributions you make are generally stellar!
But nerfing something that’s literally an iconic aspect of this game?
I respectfully disagree.

It’s patch time and everyone is on the nerf-wagon…

*Edit: The changes to FOH and Holy Bolt were a HUGE step in the right “Direction”.
I couldn’t believe just how well the build performed in CS and various areas. Granted - you encounter non-Demon/Undead - just move along… eh lacked Single Boss dps too tbh. I didn’t spec or equip for Smite and have gear prepared nor bother for swap-out so there’s that.
Otherwise - it was a breath of fresh air.

It’s a new game man, nobody asked them to nerf WW, but they did.

As with every PTR, I say:

Please Blizzard, don’t listen to people asking for nerfs. Nerfing Hammerdin won’t make the game more fun to play or “incentivize diversity”. Balance for the sake of balance in a 99% co-op or single player game is not needed per se.

Got it, no balance needed in multiplayer games. Listen to this devs from now don’t worry about balance in any of your games, a real knowledge gem right here.

1 Like

Javazon is more OP than Hammerdin. I rarely see Hammerdin anymore but Javazon are everywhere.

I’m not a fan of nerfing but maybe bringing down the top 5 builds a bit would make people try others??

You are looking at this from the view point of a fully equiped Hdin in full end game gear.
If they did nerf Hdin then it would not be viable with norm, or mid level gear. Not everyone JSP their items, some of us actually play legit and takes a long time to get end game gear.
When you are fully equipped with all the best gear, the game should be easy. If you want to nerf your Hdin, no one is stopping you. Take off all that elite end game gear and use full Sigons. How good are you really? Take away all those +1 Grand charms. Take off that shako or leet pally circlet. Take off Mara’s. Use Ward shield instead of elite shield.
You can nerf your Hdin any time you want. But you won’t, because this is not really a serious thing you desire. Unless you just never play with a Hdin. Then you’re just a hater.
What needs to happen is the rest need to be brought up to par and balanced against the Hdin, which is the best char build in game.
If you want to be faster then everyone else on the road, you modify your car to be faster, or buy a faster car. You do NOT ask everyone else on the road to decrease their horsepower for you to keep up. Now do you see how your idea sounds when applied in real life?

1 Like

Very well said.
I was going to quote part of your post but the entire post is quote worthy and that’d just be redundant.
Likely the best statement against arbitrary(and as you said - Then you’re just a hater.)nerfs I’ve seen.
:+1: :100:

Glad you understand, mate.
Have a nice day.

Its already applied in real life :slight_smile: No matter if u are driving F1 race cars or go carts there is restrictions to weight, size and power output :smiley: