Make Barbarian Great for Patch 2.6

No, Impale needs more.

It needs either

• To proc damage modifiers deadly strike, etc.
  • To recieve 1.5x damage increase
  • To be a fair amount faster.

What needs to happen in pvp, however, is that the damage penalty needs to increase from .17? % to .025% so duels last longer than 1-3 hits.

There are only a handful of weapons that have ITD, the useful ones are high rune runewords which means most melee occupy the first example until they stumble across a Lo or something that requires a Jah. Crescent Moon is pretty worthless in Hell as are the handful of ITD uniques such as Hexfire, Heart Carver, etc…

Basically every skill in game that isn’t a spell… :rofl:

Hell, even the pally holy auras are woefully pitiful in melee. Even with max Zeal.

a Lo is not that expensive/hard to find
1k trav runs or 1 week of key farming and you re done

again, beating AR is not the best way to make melee better

Can be 99 in a week… :rofl:

Can have dual spirit at level 54 (25 for pallies).

Never said it was. Damage is garbage until end game gear. The hit chance formula compounds the effects of poor gear scaling.

nah…no lifers are not a good parameter

2h a day and the casual is done

so i dont know why we re still discussing this

i agree
one of my suggestions to buff melee is to buff melee magic affixes on charms, this includes max dmg and AR
maybe tripling the dmg affixes and doubling the AR ones
as i said, this is just one of my ideas and ofc it would not fix the problem of melee alone

Inventory space is already a travesty. Weapon need a full rework. 1.10 dramatically increased monster HP and resistance but nothing from synergies combat the effects like it does on caster side as physical damage is still directly related to weapon damage.

3 Likes

thats why increasing its efficiency is a good call

this is very true
a buff for quality modifiers on bases
maybe a clean up on the affix pool for magic/rares
unique weapons need a complete rework too

agreed
leave the main skill with AR ED and maybe change the % on synergies to +dmg
sure some math would need to be done

2 Likes

I’m just tired of not being able to play my favourite classes altogether from the getgo. Like, why the f am I forced to play something with low gear requirement that I dislike in order to play something I like for a second or third playthrough. Makes zero sense.
They have all the tools they need to make melee viable yet nothing happens. F this

5 Likes

Yes please. A buff to barbarian is long overdue.

2 Likes

Agreed, and the reason behind this thread for proposing improvements to itemization, with special focus on overhauling uniques…

1 Like

Barbarians mastery skills should have greatly increased damage and attack rating too.

Increasing ED% per Strenght from 1% to 2% on every melee weapon type would be a nice buff too, that would affect all melee in general aswell.

Barb should also start with some more health, get more health per level and gain 5 hp per vitality instead of 4.

All melee classes should be tanky imo and dish out good amount of melee damage without needing a freaking Grief runeword…

1 Like

less overpowered hork more battle-aptitude.

i want a viable two-hander. how hard can this be?

1 Like

I’d rather see something like - phy resistance or +CB, maybe even max damage than splash damage.

I’d rather something like stun be replaced with a skill that gives some localized AoE than blanket add splash to every melee attack.

1 Like

How about this change for making 2H-weapons more viable for the Barbarian…

• Blade/Axe/Mace/Polearm/Spear Mastery - will now add bonus to +Min/+Max Damage per level when a 2H-weapon is equipped
1 Like

Cmon … just friggin Say it … add cleave instead of lolstun … cleave : requires a weapon using both hands… does x damage to Main Target and a %damage in an arc (factoring weapon Range)…

Goals achieved:

1. no more Omega useless pathetic stun
  2. cleave fills up a niche : barb 2h oriented skill just like double trow/swing/frenzy
  3. adds a pretty Nice melee aOE
  4. gives a reason to actually use 2h weapons (wich still need a buff btw)

I know some Will Say : " but ww is aOE and You can use 2h weps with it" … (lord give me patience)…

1. ww si NOT aOE . Ww is a fast hitting single target Mobile skill. In fact the more Range and targets in said wep Range , the thiner your damage goes… (skill choses targets randonly within Range)
  2. lol 2h ww (non swords) is dead… no 4 fpa and needing like a crapton of IAs just to deal less damage than dual 1handers…
3 Likes

Thinking about it some more, adding +Min/+Max damage per level to the various Weapon Masteries when a 2H-weapon is equipped could be a really fun way to make 2H-weapons viable for the Barbarian.

Now, the big question is how much +Min/+Max damage per level would be appropiate? I’m not sure to be honest. Would adding +3 Min/+3 Max per level be too much?

+3 damage per level would be too low. I think that you would need at least +10 per level to make two handed weapons functional choices.

1 Like

Using your numbers above, Axe Mastery at level 20 would grant +200 Minimum Damage and +200 Maximum Damage when your character equipped an Executioner’s Justice (2H-axe). That seems like a lot to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

True.

They should just increase the base weapon damage of two handers by 30-50%

Barbarian should receive extra bonus via pole arm mastery (or better, weapon class bonus of a new combined weapons mastery), that could be tied to character level.

1 Like

I think +5 Min/+5 Max damage per level for the weapon masteries would work great for making 2H-weapons viable for Barbarians. At level 20, you would be looking at +100 Min. Damage and +100 Max. Damage. It makes sense from a lore perspective that these brutish warriors would be able to harness more power and deliver more damage by mastering these great weapons. Lets take at look at the GF with this change…

The Grandfather

No Bonus

• 2H-Damage
    (145-203) To (289-649)

Blade Mastery +Min/+Max Bonus

• 2H-Damage
    (145-203)+100 Min To (289-649)+100 Max